Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:41 PM

Re: Leather furniture

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The cats claws played havoc with it too.
Our dear departed cat was the reason we swapped from fabric sofas to leather. She ripped our fabric suite to ribbons, but left the leather one alone (after giving it a good sniffing, of course!). She was still happy to sit and sleep on it, but not once did she claw at it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 09:11 PM

I bought a 3 seater leather sofa as I have young grandchildren , sticky finger marks can be removed easily and although it's 8 years old still looks brand new . But given the choice I wouldn't buy leather again , it is cold to sit on without cushions and a throw .
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 09:17 PM

hi tessa ...well have to say i never did like the comfy bit 'it was never there' always cold and slippery my son has a smart one 2 sofa's-- well we moved and wanted a new suit so off we went -looking for something warm soft ''looked at some great sofas then we both saw the pig skin dark brown soft as silk .. been priced down ..dont want that i muttered- he said sit in it first and i did and didnt want to get up .. so now i own it 4seater sofa recliner and one big armchair to match yes its soft type leather not the shiney hard type .,,,so yes try befor u buy like me ............
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 09:21 PM

I didn't get married till I was 41. While I was single I got a 'Stressless' chair from

www.ekornes.co.uk

It is expensive, but absolutely wonderful & comfortable!

Then I married into a family and the kids used it as a roundabout, which was much more serious abuse than it was designed for.

Now it is 30 years old and just about worn out. I should really replace it, but probably with one of the similar, but cheaper versions on the market - after all, I don't think there's another 30 years left in me!

Still, if you can possibly afford it, I can thoroughly recommend it - you can't take it with you!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 09:48 PM

Faux leather is fabulous! Easy clean sift and comfy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 09:53 PM

We have a La-Z Boy Augusta 3 seater 1 chair and 1 recliner in reddy brown it's very smart and comfy. We are North facing in the living room, in summer it's beautiful and cool, in the weather now all the central heating is on so its fine.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:32 PM

I expect it looked better on the cow, then my car has leather seats and a person is greeted with that lovely leather smell as one opens the door.

Leather Chesterfields, horrible things with zero back and head support.

Then I am a Chintz man.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:15 PM

Ive had a leather chesterfield suite for 18 years now.We love the way the big chairs hug your body.
We got rid of the sofa two years ago simply because we both felt we wanted to relax and a sofa didnt allow that so we got two leather relax chairs. We love them..

Leather is cold at first but it warms to your body its easy to keep clean and always looks nice. I dont want anything else but then Ive always loved the smell of leather!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:19 PM

Interesting replies, thanks.
I'm not one for bare flesh so no problem with sticking to it!
I rather fancy the Chesterfield look or something with fabric seats. Going for Victorian look. Whatever I get it will have to be second hand, the older and more shabby chic the better. I've got lots of curious ornaments so it will be a bit rustic meets the Old Curiosity Shop!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 12:09 AM

We have a 3 -2 and single seater. As for comfort? I can often be found asleep in the afternoon on the 3 seater.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top