Join for free
Page 34 of 72 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:05 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Hello

I‘m asking for some advice please My friend and I want to walk across the Humber Bridge (eeeeek !!! I hate heights ) ... we'll be travelling by train from Manchester and I assume that Hessle is where we should get off to be near to the bridge ... am I right ????

It then seems there's about half an hour's walk to the bridge but maybe we can get a bus ???

Any information or advice would be appreciated please.

It's a pity we won't get to see Hull but my friend isn't keen on an overnight stay
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:11 PM

Sorry, Myrtle, can't help you, we've always driven over and no idea where Hessle Station is. You may be best getting a taxi cos don't forget it's a long bridge!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Sorry, Myrtle, can't help you, we've always driven over and no idea where Hessle Station is. You may be best getting a taxi cos don't forget it's a long bridge!

Thanks Val

the bridge is only about a mile and a half long making it 3 miles return ... easy peasy for us and we can manage the walk from and to the station as well but I wondered about a bus just to save time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:20 PM

You could walk across the bridge, then swim back across the Humber to cool down.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

12-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You could walk across the bridge, then swim back across the Humber to cool down.
I hate water more than I hate heights ... and I can't swim !!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I hate water more than I hate heights ... and I can't swim !!!!
Float!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:18 PM

Thanks Val

the bridge is only about a mile and a half long making it 3 miles return ... easy peasy for us and we can manage the walk from and to the station as well but I wondered about a bus just to save time.
Sorry Myrtle, I don't walk far these days and forget it's nothing to a good walker! lol!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

12-08-2017, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Sorry Myrtle, I don't walk far these days and forget it's nothing to a good walker! lol!
don't apologise ... I'm just grateful that I'm able to walk after having both hips replaced 8 years ago and I'm making the most of it while I can
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:45 PM

Hello

I‘m asking for some advice please My friend and I want to walk across the Humber Bridge (eeeeek !!! I hate heights ) ... we'll be travelling by train from Manchester and I assume that Hessle is where we should get off to be near to the bridge ... am I right ????

It then seems there's about half an hour's walk to the bridge but maybe we can get a bus ???

Any information or advice would be appreciated please.

It's a pity we won't get to see Hull but my friend isn't keen on an overnight stay
Foxy here Myrtle. You can alight the train at Hessle and walk down to the riverside where you can follow the 'Wolds Way' to the Humber Bridge Country Park, about two miles away.
Alternatively, go to Hull and I believe there is a bus that will take you to the Country Park, or at least just outside. Just google 'Buses from Hull to the Humber Bridge.....

Having crossed the bridge, there is a brilliant restaurant just below the West Path called 'The Tile Works' it does add a bit onto the walk, but well worth it.....

Buses from Hull here Myrtle......https://www.eyms.co.uk/bus-services/timetable/350#tt1

Alight at Humber Bridge North Approach, or alight in Barton....(the other side) and walk back.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

12-08-2017, 11:00 PM

Thanks OGF ... I knew you'd be able to help

It sounds as if it would be about a 7 mile walk there and back from Hessle Station ... time is the problem as we'll only have about 4 hours so not good.

I'll check out the bus from Hull to Barton so we only walk one way across the Bridge ... but the extra time on the train to Hull then bus to Barton might be a problem

Page 34 of 72 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top