Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 08:34 PM

Floods in Danbury.

Susan Jaeger has asked me to upload these photos for her.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 08:37 PM

Re: Floods in Danbury.

...........and this.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

11-02-2014, 08:38 PM

............................and this.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2014, 07:45 AM

Absolutely horrendous. I need to remember these pictures every time I feel ready to explode over a minor incident e.g when I can't get a parking space outside my home! How awful for these people.

I've posted an alternative view on another thread of yours Alan but doesn't mean I don't have real sympathy for people washed out of their homes, especially those that have young children, elderly, family pets or livestock to move to safety. The only group that will be finding this an adventure will be teenagers with no responsibilities.

Just too awful.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2014, 08:12 AM

Thank you Alan for posting my pics.

These floods are just down the road to where I live, we ourselves are not affected by this apart from trying to get a bus or train. Myself and other people phoned the RSPCA about the Horses because they were just standing there in the middle of the flooded fields with no one looking after them, they belong to the Gypsies, but they don't seem to care about them.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2014, 09:38 AM

Well done Sue and neighours. Terrible for everyone but to leave poor animals in that deep water is just too upsetting to think of. Some
people don't deserve animals.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2014, 02:58 PM

poor things must be hundreds of animals drowned in the floods, so sad, we have flooded fields, but we are on the side of a valley mostly so we are lucky
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 01:25 PM

Yes we are alright because we live on top of a big hill.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top