Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:28 PM

Feeling Guilty

I went to a local garden centre yesterday to buy some hedging on walking round the garden centre i noticed they had the hedge i was after. There was a sign saying 5 for £5.99 straight away i thought blimey this is a bargain so i grabbed ten and made my way to the checkout. The young lady on the till said that will be £59 something pounds so i said no they are 5 for £5.99 she apologised and i paid left the shop and loaded the hedging into the car. Then it hit me each bag had 5 hedge plants in it. So i should have only took 2 but i took ten instead so in other words i paid for 10 which was just over £11 but in reality i should have paid £59 something is it my fault or the garden centre's? I just hope the young female cashier does not get in trouble as it is worrying me. Sorry i have gone on a bit about it so what would you do?
Think i will just think how lucky i am and forget it after all the garden centre probably will not even notice or will they?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:32 PM

Re: Feeling Guilty

My concern is the girl on the till will be in trouble . I would take them back doc . I worked in shops for years and she is probably now realising she got it wrong .

Do the right thing for her sake
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:34 PM

An easy mistake to make and it's the fault of the garden centre for not making it clear. I wouldn't feel guilty about it as it just makes up for all the times we are ripped off but if you are concerned about the cashier, you could have a quiet word with her and find out if she has to make up the difference or not.

I do know that the man serving in my local post office paid out too much money a couple of times over the busy Christmas period and he made an appeal to return the difference because he would have to pay for it out of his wages. You would think the Post Office would cover things like that but obviously not.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:37 PM

Its the poor gurl on the checkout that could become the victim
Go and see a priest......then all will be ok.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Its the poor gurl on the checkout that could become the victim of a crime...which it technically is.

Go and see a priest......then all will be ok.
And flog him some plants whilst you are there.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:41 PM

Donate them to the "church roof" fund.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-01-2017, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Donate them to the "church roof" fund.
Or a hedge fund.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:47 PM

Hmmm!..will You enjoy Your hedge when it grows knowing the Girl may have been sacked because of You?...Give the garden centre a phone and explain..They'll probably let You off with it and hopefully not punish the young Lady.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:47 PM

Oh dear Doc, I know how you feel. I felt the same way about a young boy giving me change for £20 instead of £10 during a trip to Blackpool many years ago and it caused me many sleepless nights over the guilt.

It's only my opinion of course but If it was me I would go back to the store with either the excess hedging or the money to pay for them. Even if there was no aftermath with the young girl on the till, you will certainly sleep better guilt free and able to go back in that store with a clear conscience.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:49 PM

I would take them back and explain. It would worry me a lot
I did a similar thing at the vets regarding flea drops that I thought they'd forgotten to give me, I had to phone when I realised I had them in with Floyds pills, even when I got back there to pay they gave me them for free, which made me feel worse!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top