Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 07:41 AM

Re: Friends

Originally Posted by anne62 ->
Thankyou everyone i appreciate your advice and will look forward to joining in xx
Anne, Your only danger with joining in, is that you may become just like us..... but we are glad to have you here!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Vern67 ->
Don't feel silly, I am new and I haven't figured out how to make friends either.
Hi Vern & welcome. You could invite everyone over for a free holiday.

Just a suggestion like.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 08:58 AM

The drawback is, new members can't be in contact via pm's with other members until they meet the required criteria! They have to have been a member for so long or have made a certain number of posts!
I'm not sure if new members can request or accept friendship requests before they complete the above?

Welcome to the site Anne and Vern, l'll be in touch in three months or sooner, if you bombard the site with posts!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:03 AM

A good mixture of folks on here,so im sure you will some kindred spirits and over time make some good friends.

Hello and welcolme.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by anne62 ->
Now i know im going to sound kind of sad here but how do you get to making friends on here feel really silly asking think im out of practice 😅
Hi Anne
I've only been here two months so I'm new as well.
I don't even know what the "making friends" thing is. I've seen the edit your friends list thing on the profile page, but have never used anything like that before on other forums I used to go on.

Maybe I'm just a mysterious loner.

And with those chilling words Mondays Child pulled his long black cloak around his masculine shoulders, adjusted his mask and strode off into the swirling night mist

One thing I'd like to know is how you have managed to post the smilie thing at the end of your post, as I have the same ones but they won't work for me on here and I have to use the ones alongside the reply box.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:52 AM

All you have to do really, is get stuck in and keep posting.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 10:08 AM

My "friends" in here are people I'd already got to know in another forum. Some are easier to get to know than others, depends how much they want to tell about themselves.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top