Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 05:56 AM

Re: In pain so ...

Oh, Silver Tabby, I had no idea about your rib. It's a really painful condition and I hope you can get through the first few days sleeping comfortably and managing to get through the tasks of the day.

Hugs...ooo, maybe not that....rathter, good thoughts for fast healing...your way.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 05:58 AM

Hope you are feeling better today tabs x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
When I broke three of my ribs and smashed my left knee after a fall from a ladder I was prescribed tramadol, I'm surprised that Tabs hasn't been given similar.
I understand that Tabs doesn't like taking pain killers, so she is trying to do the best she can without them.

Perhaps she should have waited a bit longer before risking a trip out with her friends......but don't tell her I said that!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
How'd you get a broken rib ST?
I must have missed it. I miss so much just lately .. going brain dead in my dotage.
You? In your dotage, Morti? Perish the thought!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That must be so painful ST , have you tried laying in a warm bath to ease the pain....
Lol - It was stepping out of a warm bath that did it, Meg ! My non-slip bathmat slipped!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Perhaps she should have waited a bit longer before risking a trip out with her friends......but don't tell her I said that!
I heard that, Twink! Actually - I think you are right - I didn't think sitting around in a car would be any worse than sitting around at home - but I forgot about the speed bumps everywhere!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 07:30 AM

Thank you so much, everyone, for all your good wishes - I really do appreciate your kindness.

The warm milk and brandy did the trick - had a reasonable night's sleep,and the pain is down to a dull ache this morning. Will be good and stick to quiet, non physical, tasks - like continuing to sort out the ancestors, eating toast, drinking tea, watching the cats sleep etc., !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 09:23 AM

Glad you are feeling a bit more comfortable this morning Tabs. We hear of so many people that injure themselves slipping in the bath or shower.

Eating toast and drinking tea sounds like the ideal remedy although personally I would slip a couple of pain killers in as well.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Glad you are feeling a bit more comfortable this morning Tabs. We hear of so many people that injure themselves slipping in the bath or shower.

Eating toast and drinking tea sounds like the ideal remedy although personally I would slip a couple of pain killers in as well.

What about spare ribs?
Only kidding, glad you are feeling better Tabby.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

22-06-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
What about spare ribs?
With or without spiced plum sauce?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
What about spare ribs?
Only kidding, glad you are feeling better Tabby.
Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
With or without spiced plum sauce?
I'm feeling hungry now.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:17 PM

Ouch Tabs I feel for you !
Hope you feel better soon
knock back those pain killers !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top