Join for free
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:55 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Midlothian Scotland

LOL,Aye You Men come in handy sometimes Doc

Found a way around it,fastened bra' at front then wheeked it around back before putting straps up,,,sorted
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 09:08 PM

Good for you May......you made me laugh. Has the pain eased any? If not perhaps a wee trip to the doc's to get it checked out?
Always thought men preferred taking women's bras off rather than putting them on
Didn't get soaked today but I had to work on the meat/fish counter which is never pleasant.
Myra hope you enjoyed your holiday and your last day off before returning to work. I don't mind decorating it's the guddle the whole house gets in whilst it's being done that bothers me.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Go to the Docs? lol.I only go there for My yearly flu' jab,or if I think I'm dying ...Pain better and think it's prob' due to breaking My collar bone years ago too,so no doubt it will be put down as OA ... as long as I don't lose any sleep with it,I'm ok.

It's been so much cooler today and I was glad to see the rain,can't imagine living in constant heat though I've always loved the warm sunshine,I'm happier around 18/20c.

Have You been inspired in Your choice of décor Myra?...I know when I do one room,it shows up the rest of the House
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 08:42 AM

Good morning all. I must say I'm reluctant to go to the doc's about anything myself May......usually if I do go I end up back and forth with this that and the other.....best to steer clear if you can help it and let the body heal itself.
Working back shift today and trying to dodge overtime tomorrow as it's my day off. I've already been asked to work on the meat/fish counters on both of my days off this week that's Tues & Fri. I'm learning to say "no" and stick to it but it is hard as I hate to see people struggling. Just keep thinking stinky fish that should do it
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

28-07-2014, 09:02 AM

Good Morning Each.almost pain-free now

I know the extra money comes in handy Tess,but You really need and deserve Your days off,don't let Them take advantage of Your good nature....
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK

28-07-2014, 09:11 AM

Woo hoo glad you're well on the mend May

And you are right I do need my days off I worked overtime last Tuesday and it was a long week with only one day off. I'm getting too old to carry others I need to concentrate on caring for myself.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 07:27 PM

Good evening Very warm here again, and it doesnt help that the heating in my flat is on all year round. It cant be turned off, only down. There's a new heating system being installed in all the flats in the vicinity and it will be much better.

May I don't like going to the doctor either and will only go if it's something I cant help myself with. I'm pretty good at diagnosing things and will even ask one of the docs at work if Im anxious.

Tess, don't do those extra hours if you don't have to. Enjoy your time off. I swear some places would have you having a brush up your bahookie and sweeping the floor at the same time

My first day back at work was actually okay. There wasnt as much backlog as I imagined there would be. I'm just having a nice quiet night tonight, to get rid of the excesses of the past two weeks
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 08:34 PM

p.s. May I'm not really sure of all of the decorating. I moved in here 17 months ago. An older lady had died here after living here for many years. The place was spotless, but very old fashioned in it's decor. The whole place needs done. i've put all the flooring throughout, downstairs and up. All the furniture is in. I got the hall and upstair landing plastered and just want it emulsioned. There's so much painting to be done I don't know where to start!! Luckily there was a new kitchen and bathroom installed, and new windows and rewiring. I'm the type of person i just can't stand the clutter of it all and just want it done . I'm off on Fridays now, so I've a bit of wallpapering to be done and that'll be a start. Martin will help me, but I'm just rubbish at decorating!!
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK

28-07-2014, 11:12 PM

Well I'm feeling proud of myself....stuck to my guns and refused to work overtime tomorrow.....so now I'm looking forward to my day off. Funny every time I thought about it I couldn't help smiling....really think I need my two days off every week so I will have to say "no" every time
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

29-07-2014, 07:57 AM

Good Morning Each,been awake since daft o'clock this Morn,so brought My tea and toast back to bed for an hour...Hope You're having a nice lie-in on Your day off Tess
Aye decorating can be a big pain Myra,though I used to enjoy wallpapering and did all My Relatives Homes in the past...couldn't now..There's no paper on the walls in this new-build,just so easy to emulsion..I think wallpapering is a three Persons job,one to measure and cut,one to paste,and one to hang..so get Your lot stuck in

Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top