Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 03:40 PM

Re: Penknives..

Very nice Fender. I did a bit of work on a friends fishing boat and I used a Swibo skinning knife and a Vitrinox filleting knife. The Vitrinox was a beautiful knife to keep an edge on.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Very nice Fender. I did a bit of work on a friends fishing boat and I used a Swibo skinning knife and a Vitrinox filleting knife. The Vitrinox was a beautiful knife to keep an edge on.
Thanks Kev,

I've always been amazed at the quality of Swiss Army Knives (SAK's).
My normal edc is the Alox Farmer - superb knife and legal carry.
This one is too big for legal carry, so will be used around the home, garden & garage. It's quality is stunning and despite being effectively "slip joints", SAK's seem to rarely develop blade play even under hard use.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 05:40 PM

This arrived today.
Probably Victorinox flagship knife. Solid walnut scales and the usual compliment of tools. Shown next to my normal edc the Farmer for size comparison.

The main blade locks when open and is unlocked by pressing the Victorinox logo / badge.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top