Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 10:31 AM

Re: Tax Refund by email?

People get caught out everyday or they wouldn't still be trying to scam us. Many people are caught because they are not as quick or clever I guess but others are busy and just doing things like opening emails automatically.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 10:39 AM

I had yesterday another scam by telephone. the person on the end said they were from Microsoft (alarm bells very loud) I put phone down straight away.
What they try and do is take control of your computer remotely by saying yours has a fault and they will repair it. All they want to see is if you have done any banking on line and get access to your account.
If i had time I would let them ramble on and frustrate them
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I had yesterday another scam by telephone. the person on the end said they were from Microsoft (alarm bells very loud) I put phone down straight away.
What they try and do is take control of your computer remotely by saying yours has a fault and they will repair it. All they want to see is if you have done any banking on line and get access to your account.
I had one like that the other day talked for about 10 minutes, he was paying for the call after he had talked me through it all I innocently said I can't find any of those buttons on my iPad he swore I thought that was unnecessary language
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 10:57 AM

MEG

Yes, I know there are scams & cons out there, but they're getting better and more sophisticated
The one that started this thread, supposedly from HMRC was very well done

It takes a while to learn to recognise them or become attuned to them. I'm better now, but like a lot of people perhaps, it took me a while to develop a suspicious nature about these things

So far I haven't been taken in, but I think it takes some people longer to recognise these things for what they are
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 11:22 AM

Geoff

easy to spot them.

Just go onto youtube and type "scams" there are plenty of all types of scam examples on there

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top