Join for free
Page 7 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 11:56 PM

Re: The Irish Border Problem

Yes I am annoyed because the total stupidity of this new development is a whole new level of madness. An avalanche of irrationality.

If we go for a Norway or Switzerland deal then we don't have to worry about NI or Scotland.

My question again is do we think Norway, Switzerland and Canada are stupid countries to have a deal with the EU which includes access to the Single Market without sacrificing their sovereignty or joining the Euro or any EU army?

What makes us so much smarter than these successful and affluent economies that we think crashing out and closing the door on the world makes sense?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes I am annoyed because the total stupidity of this new development is a whole new level of madness. An avalanche of irrationality.

If we go for a Norway or Switzerland deal then we don't have to worry about NI or Scotland.

My question again is do we think Norway, Switzerland and Canada are stupid countries to have a deal with the EU which includes access to the Single Market without sacrificing their sovereignty or joining the Euro or any EU army?

What makes us so much smarter than these successful and affluent economies that we think crashing out and closing the door on the world makes sense?
I see you have just about given up on us remaining in the EU and would like us now to be a member of EFTA instead.

A compromise, I suppose, but we'd still be subject to many of the EU's rules.

I still hope that we shall regain our sovereignty.

I hope even more strongly that JRM will replace TM.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 12:28 AM

I never expected us to remain in the EU JBR. I just want a sensible outcome with full access to trade, rights for EU nationals who have been living here for years and a seamless transition. In other words a situation where the country doesn't waste any money but finds a way to please business and at the same time satisfy the sovereignty issue.

I do not understand why we are not following countries such as Norway and Switzerland. Immigration has been used as a total smokescreen to cloud judgement on the economic and logistical benefits.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-12-2017, 12:51 AM

Oh and this is how I see the assumption that after Brexit people will somehow come together to make immigration control and sorting out the border issues work :

Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:29 AM

It's not about whether we are or aren't more clever than those countries you mention. That is a strangle angle to look at this situation.
Neither is it about closing any doors. That's simply a narrative you use to vocalise your opposition to Brexit and is completely meaningless.

I thank goodness that we have the DUP to put the Brake on May's reckless desperation to bring home any deal..
There is time to redefine our post Brexit trading arrangement and people like you squawking and squealing does NOT help our position......
Take a deep breath, Annie S.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
It's not about whether we are or aren't more clever than those countries you mention. That is a strangle angle to look at this situation.
Neither is it about closing any doors. That's simply a narrative you use to vocalise your opposition to Brexit and is completely meaningless.

I thank goodness that we have the DUP to put the Brake on May's reckless desperation to bring home any deal..
There is time to redefine our post Brexit trading arrangement and people like you squawking and squealing does NOT help our position......
Take a deep breath, Annie S.
Hi

In response to that, I would point out that May had to get the agreement through Cabinet.

That includes the Brexiteers, Boris, Davies, Gove and Fox.

Those in charge of Brexit.

I do not like Theresa May, my views on her are well known.

However, I do have sympathy for her.

If things are as clear cut as you say, she would have faced a Leadership Challenge.

Out she goes, she could not survive the resignation of Boris, Davies, Gove and Fox.

They have not done so.

That speaks volumes.

Even JRM has ruled himself out of a Leadership challenge.

If Brexit was as simple as you state, she would have been out in an instant.

Boris has gone we can have our cake and eat it, to saying they can go whistle to getting the ship off the rocks.

We most certainly do not need another General Election, with Marxist Corbyn waiting in the wings.

A Leadership challenge, yes.

A Brexiteer in charge, a new Cabinet, full of Brexiteers and then see what they can do.

Deliver on their promises.

Boris for PM, we will have £350 million a week to spend on ourselves.

Unfortunately he does not have the guts to go for it.
he made the promises, let him deliver them.

If not Boris, then any one of the others.

Davies, Gove and Fox.

Patel or JRM.

Let them deliver.

The EU come running after us.

Any one of them could stop Article 50 in an instance,

Start again, no agreement with the EU Timetable or Red Lines.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:06 AM

I never expected us to remain in the EU JBR. I just want a sensible outcome with full access to trade, rights for EU nationals who have been living here for years and a seamless transition. In other words a situation where the country doesn't waste any money but finds a way to please business and at the same time satisfy the sovereignty issue.

I do not understand why we are not following countries such as Norway and Switzerland. Immigration has been used as a total smokescreen to cloud judgement on the economic and logistical benefits.
You mean so that we can continue to pay money to the EU for the privilege of them telling us what we can and cannot do?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-12-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You mean so that we can continue to pay money to the EU for the privilege of them telling us what we can and cannot do?
I mean we reach a compromise and stop the nonsense we have seen thus far. There is no avoiding some aspects we are not entirely happy with. It doesn't have to be permanent.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-12-2017, 11:32 AM

I mean we reach a compromise and stop the nonsense we have seen thus far. There is no avoiding some aspects we are not entirely happy with. It doesn't have to be permanent.
So you do! Thought so.

Don't you like living in a democratic country in which we can vote for whichever political party we prefer?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-12-2017, 12:31 PM

So you do! Thought so.

Don't you like living in a democratic country in which we can vote for whichever political party we prefer?
How is your question related ?

Page 7 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top