Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 12:56 PM

Garden vac/blower advice please

I'm considering buying something that will suck up all the leaves. Decided against making another compost bin and now have a garden waste bin which is emptied fortnightly.

Have never used a garden vac but I've heard that they can be heavy

So ... who's got one ? what type should I go for ? which make ? what size motor ?

thanks
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 02:04 PM

Re: Garden vac/blower advice please

I've got one Rachel but I never use it. They are heavy and I find it easier to gather the bulk of the leaves up by hand and let the winds blow the rest of them away.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've got one Rachel but I never use it. They are heavy and I find it easier to gather the bulk of the leaves up by hand and let the winds blow the rest of them away.
Oh darn ... but thank you for the reply Alan
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 02:16 PM

Get a man to do it!😁
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

01-08-2015, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Get a man to do it!😁
*tuts* ... this is not helpful
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 02:33 PM

We have one as well. what to watch out for is how the bag is emptied. Some detach and others have a zip on the bottom (a right pain in the you know where)
There is an alternative

Link

http://www.powertools2u.co.uk/Scarif...FTDLtAodmoQIow

which is what we got. Not only collects leafs but scarifies as well , a bonus is it is easy to empty the collection bag.

So think about doing 2 jobs with one machine IN ONE GO

Also purchased a petrol blower easy to start and works well
by Gtech. easy hold in one hand it is so light and will blow a persons wig off at 20yards away

http://www.enmaz.co.uk/list/home_gar...-petrol-25-4cc
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 02:54 PM

We have one Rachel, came from B&Q £34.00, its very good we use it all the time, but as Alan says, its quite heavy, my Husband does it, not me.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 03:10 PM

The Power Devil Vac/Blower is the one I use Rachel. Not too heavy and very efficient. It also has a shoulder sling which helps take the weight and a built in cutter which shreds the leaves. Don't try using it to suck up wet leaves though as it can clog up. Good luck.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

01-08-2015, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
We have one as well. what to watch out for is how the bag is emptied. Some detach and others have a zip on the bottom (a right pain in the you know where)
There is an alternative

Link

http://www.powertools2u.co.uk/Scarif...FTDLtAodmoQIow

which is what we got. Not only collects leafs but scarifies as well , a bonus is it is easy to empty the collection bag.

So think about doing 2 jobs with one machine IN ONE GO

Also purchased a petrol blower easy to start and works well
by Gtech. easy hold in one hand it is so light and will blow a persons wig off at 20yards away

http://www.enmaz.co.uk/list/home_gar...-petrol-25-4cc
Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We have one Rachel, came from B&Q £34.00, its very good we use it all the time, but as Alan says, its quite heavy, my Husband does it, not me.
Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
The Power Devil Vac/Blower is the one I use Rachel. Not too heavy and very efficient. It also has a shoulder sling which helps take the weight and a built in cutter which shreds the leaves. Don't try using it to suck up wet leaves though as it can clog up. Good luck.
I like the idea of a petrol one but that's got to be heavier surely ?

Shoulder sling would be sensible ...

I shall investigate further ... and no doubt either become an expert or thoroughly confused

I shan't be using it very often .. not bothered about just a few leaves here and there, it's when the whole end of the garden has vanished under a pile of leaves that it becomes necessary.

Thank you all ...
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 04:16 PM

Leave the leaves and stuff where they fall.
Good mulch - no probs - don't fuss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top