Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 04:12 PM

Re: How often do you upgrade your phone?

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oh right, Thank you for that information. I never knew! so it must be what one would call an android smartphone. The ones the younger members of the family have are iphones then. I know they cost a great deal of money which I would never pay. I only use mine to use Whatsapp free media (photos and videos) plus I like the fact that it is end-to-end encrypted so have no fear if have to give confidential information to other family members, plus of course free text messages. Very rarely use it to talk though. I use my landline which I have on free anytime calls (7 days a week, not just weekends).

No doubt when this one dies a death, I will order a replacement Lumia 625 as I like its simplicity.
No, yours is a Windows Phone, not android, and they are no longer for sale unless you can track one down on ebay.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 05:00 PM

I don't have one of the new phones yet Ffosse, but I am "thinking seriously" about getting one....I still have my landline.

They are so expensive here.

I have to wear a "life line" button on my neck because I fall. I will have to phone them to see if it will work with a cell phone.

If it does, do you have a suggestion about which I should buy? I use mac computer, but I understand that to have a mac phone, it is at least $1,000.00 and to run it each month is about $100.00.....now I don't know about those prices, I am just saying what I heard, and I don't want to put that much money into a phone when I don't think I will use it all the time, like some people..

All I want to be able to do is surf the net, phone and text. No music needed, nor apps.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
The mobile phone....

I had one for many years and I was on call 24/7. When I retired, I decided to be done with that. I don't need it.

But the distaff side that I needed one just in case anything untoward happened when I was out strolling so she got me one. I rarely use it. OK, I know how to unlock it but not a lot else.

Yesterday, we had a while travelling by train so I fiddled with it a bit and looked at the tools menu. "Fake call" was listed. Interesting. You can set it up to call yourself and display a name. The only use for this function we could come up was to get you out of a meeting after a preset period.

Ring ring.
"Sorry, I have to go. My dog called me."
Wow! That sounds useful.

I had to have a look on Play Store and, sure enough, there it is. You can select the time you want it to call and even a male or female voice!

I don't go in to meetings now, but it's nice to know it's there should I need it.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Wow! That sounds useful.

I had to have a look on Play Store and, sure enough, there it is. You can select the time you want it to call and even a male or female voice!

I don't go in to meetings now, but it's nice to know it's there should I need it.
Amazing what even a cheap phone like mine can do.
Ring tones - one of our neighbours is a cat person. Her ring tone is a cat meowing. My dog chases round looking for it. I need a barking dog ring tone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Amazing what even a cheap phone like mine can do.
Ring tones - one of our neighbours is a cat person. Her ring tone is a cat meowing. My dog chases round looking for it. I need a barking dog ring tone.
Another useful idea!

I've just searched for one and installed it. Must be careful where to have it turned on, though!

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top