Join for free
Page 72 of 370 « First < 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 04:55 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Sounds like a nice day for a bike ride, Mart.

Yesterday was a long overdue recovery day, which made for a light and fast on run this morning. All the while the clouds of the remnants of hurricane Harvey were gatherhig and now the steady rains begin. The forecast is for about three days of steady rain, but hopefully the clouds will part enough for a bit of a run here and there.

Off to have some tea and endorphins for breakfast!
Jiggs
Ontario, Canada
Jiggs is male 

29-08-2017, 10:28 PM

Newbie to the forum. Looks like a great place!

Have been retired now for a couple of years. Functional Fitness was a big part of my career so I've carried it on into my golden years.

35 minute 500 Rep Burpee/Kettlebell Circuit

10 Burpees……..10 Kb Swings
5 Burpees……..10 Kb Snatches (5 ea side)
5 Burpees……..10 Kb Goblet Squats
Rpt Circuit 10x. Rest 60sec (or less) between circuits.

200 Burpees
100 Kb Swings
100 Kb Snatches
100 Kb Goblet Squats

My Cardio Workout today.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 01:43 AM

Welcome to the forum, Jiggs. I am fairly new myself.! It's most interesting to read what you are doing to stay fit. That's a very respectable program! While I don't do the kettleballs, I do burpees when I am on the beach or watching television because they similar to popping up on a surfboard.

I hope you like it here!
Jiggs
Ontario, Canada
Jiggs is male 

30-08-2017, 02:06 AM

Thanks
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 07:51 AM

The Fox is coming home from his holidays on Friday, it's a rest day today with just a bit of walking, but my final seven mile run on this beautiful Island will hopefully take place first thing in the morning. The climbs here have been cruel, but I'll miss them in a funny sort of way. Although they didn't seem funny when my legs were turned to jelly and my lungs were screaming for Oxygen.........

Welcome to the forum Jiggs it's good to hear from you, that's a very impressive workout.....

Enjoy your Endorphins Surfermom, some of my most enjoyable runs have been in the rain.........Also some of my worst....
Jiggs
Ontario, Canada
Jiggs is male 

30-08-2017, 02:53 PM

Thanks Fox! Nothing beats a run on a beach!

Today was a strength circuit for me.

I did this one in the backyard. I needed the room for the carrying portion of the workout and I wanted to take advantage of a beautiful late summer day! I move most of my workouts outside during the spring, summer & early fall as the winters here tend to be long & miserable.

The Exercises;

Dumbbells For » Squats, Cleans, Overhead Presses, Rows, Chest Presses
Barbell For» Deadlift

The 40m carry was done by lifting & shouldering a heavy bag & carrying a heavy dumbbell on the opposite side.

Do each of the exercises in a circuit with reps as indicated below.

Circuit 1
5,4,3,2,1...40 metre carry
Circuit 2
4,3,2,1...40 metre carry
Circuit 3
3,2,1...40 metre carry
Circuit 4
2,1...40 metre carry
Circuit 5
1...40 metre carry

Rest 60sec between circuits.

Finisher:

EMOM for 10 minutes
12 Kettlebell Swings & 3 Deadlifts

Now to harvest some tomatoes from the garden. Its been a bumper crop this year!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

31-08-2017, 04:33 AM

I agree with you on the beach running, Jiggs. It's practically a religion with me. Do you workout at home or at a gym in the winter months?

Today was an interesting change of pace, running rainshowers and puddle jumping for an easy five miles. The plan was six, but for the second time this week, the skies let loose and the lightning made me feel a bit like a lightning rod...

OGF, what goes up, must come down, and I know you will miss those hill runs, but you have to go home to start counting down the days until you return again.

Tomorrow the sun will return, but the surf will be wildly unmanageable. Perhaps an outing on the bicyle to some newly opened trails is in order. Oh...but the mosquitos.....
Jiggs
Ontario, Canada
Jiggs is male 

31-08-2017, 04:56 AM

I move everything back to the basement for the winter. At the moment it's kind of scattered between the back yard and my garage. The neighbors think I'm nuts (Just moved here a year or so ago)

Never have been a fan of gyms. Too many distractions, having to wait for equipment and of course I need space for doing my WO. I guess maybe a Cross Fit Gym would work but I'm a bit of lone wolf when it comes to my WO.

Skitters eh, yeah they've been a brute around here. Hard to enjoy a ride or run on the trails wearing that Damn mosquito netting!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 01:23 PM

Lots of great work still going on in this thread. I was a bit apprehensive when I fist started it, but it appears to have taken off big time.

It's really good to see some new members too popping in (Jiggs being the latest arrival), especially with a different style of exercise each, and isn't it great to see so much variation too?...
OGF: Running
Mart: Cycling
Surfermom: Surfing etc etc.
Jiggs: Circuit training
Myself? Well I’m still doing my early 50’s version of bodybuilding, although it’s more to do with maintaining what I’ve got these days and trying to stabilise any oncoming pain issues. Still, today was a return to my current legs programme.

I've been quietly abstaining from training for the past few days as I’ve been making sure my wife gets some fresh air, so we’ve been out and about mostly with the granddaughter and it’s done me the world of good too. I’m definitely making the most of my free time off work!

Ploughing on with the training today essentially because I don’t want to leave it too long or my knees may begin to get creaky again, so a legs session was called for. I’m very happy with my new ‘enforced’ lighter weights routine now, though it does seem strange not to be pushing 350+ on the leg press twice a week and similarly not doing the extensions anymore (a real knee-trembler!). I am gradually adding a few kilos to the exercises each session (or more reps) and maybe someday I’ll get back to heavier stuff but it really isn’t worth the risk…and what would be the point of wanting to get stronger at this point in my life anyway? That would surely be another accident waiting to happen methinks.

So here’s today’s effort. As usual, three sets of standard reps plus a set to failure and a high reps drop set to finish each exercise…

Thursday 31/8/17

Incline press:
20x170
20x170
20x170
32x200
50x150

Seated leg press:
20x150
20x150
20x150
30x180
50x120

Calf press:
20x150
20x150
20x150
16x160
29x100

Seated ham curls:
15x50
15x50
15x50
11x60
25x35

Good girls:
20x50
20x50
20x50
14x60
25x40

Bad girls:
15x50
15x50
15x50
19x60
37x40

Time: 45 mins.

Happy with that, keeps the joints lubed and supple. Tomorrow, upper body stuff.

Thanks for reading. Keep it going folks!
Jiggs
Ontario, Canada
Jiggs is male 

31-08-2017, 04:48 PM

Great workout Floydy!

It's great to see the different workout/exercise routines as we (by this stage in our lives) have settled into our own little niche with what works. It doesn't matter if its gardening, walking, cycling, marathons, body building etc the most important thing is moving and getting off your arse. And yes my friend as I get closer to the big 60 it is all about maintaining, feeling good mentally, physically & although there's no guarantee, keeping some age related Health Issues at bay.

What I have noticed esp over the past couple of years is that I need to include longer active rest periods. However realizing that and doing that are two very different things when your brain says your 21 but your body says differently by way of aches, pains and injuries.

But I have started by modifying my workouts to compensate for issues that pop up and incorporating more active rest. The last thing I want is a severe injury that puts me out of commission because we all know the healing process changes dramatically as we creep up the ladder.

Such as today's workout. Much cooler here today, no bugs around and it def feels more like late Sept than it does August, so here's today's WO

25k trail riding with the Mountain Bike and a whole lot of puttering yard work lined up for this afternoon.

Cheers!

Page 72 of 370 « First < 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top