Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 09:56 AM

Re: Sharia for uk ??

But it is just jumped up hype, we have 000s perfectly peaceful muslims in the uk and a handful of those breaking bad on you tube and the daily mail and people react with absolute hysteria. Your hand on heart doesn't really provide me with evidence that we are being "destroyed" what it does is demonstrate people's prejudices. Do you know how many countries are run on Sharia law? I think it's 2 at a push, why on earth would it happen in the UK

Originally Posted by mysterie ->
I have recently left UK and I can say with hand on heart - Muslims are destroying that country and the wet government are standing back doing nothing about it. It is not a jumped up hype - Muslims themselves profess (in front of cameras) stating how they intend making UK a Muslim country. Only those in UK at the moment can make a difference, but for outsiders I suggest you spend a couple of years living there right now - you may just change your views.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
. Do you know how many countries are run on Sharia law? I think it's 2 at a push, why on earth would it happen in the UK

Because we are 'governed' by total wimps who care only for their own self aggrandizement and not one jot for the people they are supposed to protect.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Because we are 'governed' by total wimps who care only for their own self aggrandizement and not one jot for the people they are supposed to protect.
I agree with that - look what has happened at Calais, should have been nipped in the bud - incompetence in the extreme !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 10:23 AM

But it is just jumped up hype, we have 000s perfectly peaceful muslims in the uk and a handful of those breaking bad on you tube and the daily mail and people react with absolute hysteria. Your hand on heart doesn't really provide me with evidence that we are being "destroyed" what it does is demonstrate people's prejudices. Do you know how many countries are run on Sharia law? I think it's 2 at a push, why on earth would it happen in the UK
I agree Baxter, there is so much hysteria about the country being 'destroyed' by muslims. It is reminiscent of way jews were portrayed in Germany before the war.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree Baxter, there is so much hysteria about the country being 'destroyed' by muslims. It is reminiscent of way jews were portrayed in Germany before the war.
There is a major difference Meg. Propaganda against Jews in Nazi Germany was based on complete lies (Protocols of Zion etc etc) whereas Islamophobia (correctly defined as fear of Islam) has a basis in fact - Islamic Jihadist atrocities both worldwide and in the UK, 10,000,000 muslims killed by other muslims since the 1960's etc.

I think that the situation is actually much more reminiscent of UK governments' attitudes towards the Nazis prior to 1939 - minimising the threat until the only option was world war.
Of course the majority of muslims are no more Jihadist than the majority of Germans were Nazis but if we disregard/minimise the threat of the Jihadists, we are sleepwalking into disaster.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 12:00 PM

Where on earth did the figure 10m come from? It seems to me that western governments incl. UK included have their eyes firmly on the terrorists judging by last night's news. do you seriously believe they're able to sneak in through the back door and impose Sharia law - it's the stuff of fantasy.

I just wish this nonsense would stop and a little rational perspective take its place.

Originally Posted by MickB ->
There is a major difference Meg. Propaganda against Jews in Nazi Germany was based on complete lies (Protocols of Zion etc etc) whereas Islamophobia (correctly defined as fear of Islam) has a basis in fact - Islamic Jihadist atrocities both worldwide and in the UK, 10,000,000 muslims killed by other muslims since the 1960's etc.

I think that the situation is actually much more reminiscent of UK governments' attitudes towards the Nazis prior to 1939 - minimising the threat until the only option was world war.
Of course the majority of muslims are no more Jihadist than the majority of Germans were Nazis but if we disregard/minimise the threat of the Jihadists, we are sleepwalking into disaster.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I agree with that - look what has happened at Calais, should have been nipped in the bud - incompetence in the extreme !
Quite right Patsy, the situation in Calais has been building up for a long time anyone with half a brain could see it.

I shall be approaching the Eurotunnel on Tuesday, I would prefer to stay Monday night somewhere not to far from Calais but I am now forced to use a motorhome site an hour away in Belgium to be sure that I won't have any 'illegals' climbing under the van while I'm sleeping so my 'human rights' (To be able to stop on the road where I please) have been usurped by these 'illegals' trying to get into the country illegally. In other words the authorities are putting the 'rights' of illegals above my rights as a law abiding citizen.

It makes me so mad
Baxter8
Somerset

24-09-2014, 01:00 PM

Not quite sure what any of that has to do with Sharia law in the UK? Nor why stopping on the road wherever you please is a human right,

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Quite right Patsy, the situation in Calais has been 1building up for a long time anyone with half a brain could see it.

I shall be approaching the Eurotunnel on Tuesday, I would prefer to stay Monday night somewhere not to far from Calais but I am now forced to use a motorhome site an hour away in Belgium to be sure that I won't have any 'illegals' climbing under the van while I'm sleeping so my 'human rights' (To be able to stop on the road where I please) have been usurped by these 'illegals' trying to get into the country illegally. In other words the authorities are putting the 'rights' of illegals above my rights as a law abiding citizen.

It makes me so mad
Baxter8
Somerset

24-09-2014, 01:04 PM

It worries me that the press seemed to be persecuting Muslims with impunity. No wonder hate crime against Muslims is on the rise. I cannot bear this type of persecution and bullying by the national press and unregulated internet misinformation,.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 01:25 PM

Where on earth did the figure 10m come from?
http://muslimstatistics.wordpress.co...lling-muslims/

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top