Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:30 AM

Re: jerusalem

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Every country has a right to delegate which city will be its capital .
Why should Israel be any different?
The world cannot be held to ransom by threats of violence from the likes of the terrorist group Hamas.
They will be violent whatever is or is not done any excuse will do.
My view exactly.

It is high time that we all stopped trying to keep those people happy, quite simply because being happy is not present in their DNA.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:34 AM

Well I tend to lean to the Israelis' side too if any ..but even I can see Trump has done them no favours.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:41 AM

I haven't read up on this, but isn't it the Israeli's choice to make Jerusalem their capital?

And if that is the case, why shouldn't America choose to site their embassy in that city?

And in any case, why is it anybody else's business anyway?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:51 AM

Well you could say the same for Trump couldn't you then?

I doubt very much whether he actually gives a fig for Israel.
Let's just hope the riots die down and the condemnation is targeted at where the blames lies ... Trump.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I haven't read up on this, but isn't it the Israeli's choice to make Jerusalem their capital?

And if that is the case, why shouldn't America choose to site their embassy in that city?

And in any case, why is it anybody else's business anyway?
Because as I am sure you know, Jerusalem is special. It was not part of the original deal. That's why it is a stupid move diplomatically. But diplomacy only matters to those who have a brain.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 01:31 AM

Diplomacy hasn't done much to date Hamas still has on its agenda the destruction of the State of Israel.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

08-12-2017, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Because as I am sure you know, Jerusalem is special. It was not part of the original deal. That's why it is a stupid move diplomatically. But diplomacy only matters to those who have a brain.
Diplomatic meddling Trump style AKA as poking the hornets nest with a big stick... and reaction from those who feel they have a vested interest.

Iran ..
The recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital is America’s “new conspiracy” against the Islamic world, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said. The nations in the region must “be aware and ready in the face of the US, the Zionist entity (Israel) and their tails,” added.

Turkey ...
The US has pulled the pin on a bomb ready to blow in the region,”

Saudi Arabia ....
Saudi Arabia said it has followed Trump’s announcement with “with deep sorrow” as it represented “a big step back in efforts to advance the peace process” between Israel and Palestine. And further warned of dangerous consequences.

Iraq ..
'a dangerous escalation that would fuel extremism and create conditions favorable to terrorism'.

But Israel, a lone voice said ...
“This is a historic day,” Netanyahu said, expressing hope that “many” other nations will follow in footsteps of the US.

Not a lot you can say to that is there?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
My view exactly.

It is high time that we all stopped trying to keep those people happy, quite simply because being happy is not present in their DNA.

Absolutely .
Trumps declaration will make IMO no difference whatsoever to the situation .
It is reported that hundreds of Palestinians have taken to the streets in Gaza.
The usual burning of flags etc ( always near a handy camera )
So what ?
THe Gaza is not Jerusalem it's a failed state run by a terrorist group Hamas .
One assumes that the Palestinians that live in Jerusalem just carried on their daily lives going to work as usual .
Saudi is desperate to make peace with Israel it couldn't give two pins really who has Jerusalem as long as it has another ally in the region one that is suported by the US .
Iran who cares what Iran says or wants ?
This is a country that hangs gays and minors from cranes
What is Jerusalem to them ?
Nothing
Ditto Turkey and Iraq - all mouth and no trousers .
Horrible oppressive places who will be horrible come what may
Syria has enough on its plate to worry about Jerusalem its makes no difference whatsoever to those who are living in a desperate war situation .
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:05 AM

As long as trump can see that people are listening to his voice, he couldnt care less about what the topic is . Once this has died down he will think of something else to make his voice heard. Nothing will change the pervert , liar and cheat.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:23 AM

I still don't understand what's wrong with Tel Aviv as a capital?

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top