Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:29 AM

Re: jerusalem

I think it's unfortunate timing on Trumps behalf.

To be honest i think Jerusalem is not a city that should be anyones capital. Its an iconic city in many religions and I can see why some might feel it's not appropriate to be Israel's capital not just because of its location either as far as Palestine is concerned
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:38 AM

Surely it's no business business but Israels.
When Jordan held East Jerusalem and the West Bank they severely restricted access to Jewish and Christian holy sites
Israel does not the sites of all religions are open to those who wish to go , a city for all faiths.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:46 AM

When a stupid man causes unnecessary bloodshed with a stupid idea it is everybody's business.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:47 AM

Of course it is everyone's business. It was not part of the original territory. It has to be agreed by those who have a stake and not forced.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think it's unfortunate timing on Trumps behalf.

To be honest i think Jerusalem is not a city that should be anyones capital. Its an iconic city in many religions and I can see why some might feel it's not appropriate to be Israel's capital not just because of its location either as far as Palestine is concerned
I agree with you summer I'd go further and say it should be a protected area, protected by all nations not belong to one. It's so iconic and important to many religions not a place to be used politically.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:22 AM

Why should it ?
It's doesn't belong to all nations it belongs to Israel .
Israel who gives freedom to ALL religions as well as the Jewish one .
When Jordan held East Jerusalem Jews were forbidden to go to the western wall the most holy place in Judaism .
If they want to make it their capital and it is to all effects the spiritual heart of Israel why should they not?
To appease a few terrorists ?
As for moving the US Enbassy there the US already has a consulate in West Jerusalem only has to change the name on the door to Embassy .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:24 AM

Looks like me and my shadow again apologies if it wasn't just aimed at my post. But I don't read them so why keep doing it ? No don't bother I won't see the answer.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-12-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Of course it is everyone's business. It was not part of the original territory. It has to be agreed by those who have a stake and not forced.
It was annexed by Jordan and held by them for 19 years ,
In those 19 years there was not a peep out of the 'Palestinians'
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-12-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Looks like me and my shadow again apologies if it wasn't just aimed at my post. But I don't read them so why keep doing it ? No don't bother I won't see the answer.
Julie this is an public forum and if I want to respond to any posts I will.Snide remarks like the above do you no credit its not always about you
Let us discuss matter with civility as befits mature adults.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree with you summer I'd go further and say it should be a protected area, protected by all nations not belong to one. It's so iconic and important to many religions not a place to be used politically.
That was as i understand it the original plan. That's why this is a particularly disappointing move by trump.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top