Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 01:58 PM

Re: Can you walk heel to toe?

Hi

All joking apart, I can.

Nadi is a keen gymnast, I got her one of these for Christmas.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...rd_i=454782031

It has been a source of great amusement to the littlies to teach Grandad how to do it.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

All joking apart, I can.

Nadi is a keen gymnast, I got her one of these for Christmas.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...rd_i=454782031

It has been a source of great amusement to the littlies to teach Grandad how to do it.
That looks a good idea.
I wonder could i get one of thise with hand rails.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can't get my tights on without laying on the bed
I can do one leg but not both...

Meg, I didn't mean both at the same time. that would be difficult.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
May I suggest stockings!
Oh Stop it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Yea I have a problem with them as well.
Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
That looks a good idea.
I wonder could i get one of thise with hand rails.
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Meg, I didn't mean both at the same time. that would be difficult.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-04-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I just tried that. At first I did loose my balance. But I have just done the length of my hall and back. I also found that it is easier if you don’t look at your feet but look ahead.
Very interesting.
That's true Emjay. I just did the same along my hall and all was fine but as you say, it is easier if you look forward. I wonder why that is?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-04-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I bet Longdogs can do it....he wears sparkly tights at least 3 times a week.
They have stabilisers on them which is cheating really.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 03:30 PM

I can still walk heel to toe, thank goodness, as for crouching I can get down but once there I can't get back up without help.

Why do supermarkets have such a low bottom shelf? I crouch down to reach what I want, find myself stuck, kneel down on the floor and wonder if I caught hold of a higher shelf would it topple over onto me It's so embarrassing when you have to ask a shop assistant for help

I have one of those kneeler seats for working on the garden, I find they are a big help now and couldn't manage without it.

I might suggest to supermarkets to provide one for each aisle to aid us unfit over50's
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-04-2018, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I can still walk heel to toe, thank goodness, as for crouching I can get down but once there I can't get back up without help.

Why do supermarkets have such a low bottom shelf? I crouch down to reach what I want, find myself stuck, kneel down on the floor and wonder if I caught hold of a higher shelf would it topple over onto me It's so embarrassing when you have to ask a shop assistant for help

I have one of those kneeler seats for working on the garden, I find they are a big help now and couldn't manage without it.

I might suggest to supermarkets to provide one for each aisle to aid us unfit over50's
I have trouble reading the price stickers when they are down low. I end up guessing as I would look pretty silly laying on the floor.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-04-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

What a great idea. A dedicated over 50's aisle. Price tags printed in 48pt type and a lay-by for all friendly chats and skew-whiff trolleys.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top