Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 06:06 AM

Missing Student

This sounds of interest, perhaps Floydy has heard the local gossip .https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-missing.html
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 07:59 AM

Re: Missing Student

To be honest Ffosse, I would have preferred to have seen the title of the thread "Libby: Missing Student" or something along those lines. To name it "Hull" could be about any aspect of my home town. But it's your prerogative mate.

Anyway, this news story is deeply upsetting for members of Libby's family and friends. She disappeared after being taken home from outside a very popular music venue (this is where I saw the recent Bowie tribute two weeks ago) and is/was living down an avenue just a stone's throw from where I live. There have been house to house enquiries and local people round here are talking about nothing else at the moment.

This probable abduction and highly likely murder case is an awful event and everyone us hoping this poor girl will turn up unharmed, although it doesn't look too promising.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
To be honest Ffosse, I would have preferred to have seen the title of the thread "Libby: Missing Student" or something along those lines. To name it "Hull" could be about any aspect of my home town. But it's your prerogative mate.

Anyway, this news story is deeply upsetting for members of Libby's family and friends. She disappeared after being taken home from outside a very popular music venue (this is where I saw the recent Bowie tribute two weeks ago) and is/was living down an avenue just a stone's throw from where I live. There have been house to house enquiries and local people round here are talking about nothing else at the moment.

This probable abduction and highly likely murder case is an awful event and everyone us hoping this poor girl will turn up unharmed, although it doesn't look too promising.
I hope I am wrong Floydy, but I think that poor Libby will just be yet another girl who has been murdered.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 06:26 PM

I can't read all the details as I get upset but it's just shocking and words fail me . My heart goes out to her family. Of course I want her found safe and sound but I feel hopeless for this beautiful young girl and can't help feeling we've lost her but don't want to say the words .

What the hell is wrong with some human beings
What a blinking world we live in , it sickens me at times
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 06:53 PM

Sad tale.
How exactly would you know at what exact time she went missing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Sad tale.
How exactly would you know at what exact time she went missing.
I believe she texted her mother when she got in but it's unclear after that. There is CCTV on the main Beverley Road at the end of this street but not down the street itself. She went into her house but what happened after that is just a mystery. Two of my friends have been asked by the police if they saw anything.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 12:19 PM

It is always sad when you hear these stories God only knows what the family are going through, just awful as was the student from Reading being found in a lake....
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:03 PM

I don’t mean to sound harsh but isn’t it about time young women stopped drinking so much that they place themselves into dangerous situations prey for anyone “with intent” ?
This particular woman was said to have been so drunk she was refused entry to a club ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I don’t mean to sound harsh but isn’t it about time young women stopped drinking so much that they place themselves into dangerous situations prey for anyone “with intent” ?
This particular woman was said to have been so drunk she was refused entry to a club ?
It does sound harsh I agree.
But more to the point, why was she alone, where were her friends?
My girls always went out in a group and would never have abandoned a friend especially if she was the worse for wear.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It does sound harsh I agree.
But more to the point, why was she alone, where were her friends?
My girls always went out in a group and would never have abandoned a friend especially if she was the worse for wear.
Looks like they put her in a taxi when she was refused entry to the club .
A married Polish man has been arrested on suspicion of abducting her.
Lip gloss ,a hammer and a screwdriver had been found near where she was last seen but doesn’t mean to say they were connected to her disappearance .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top