Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 12:29 AM

Re: Missing Student

As I mentioned earlier, I live just five minutes away on foot from the street where Libby disappeared. There have been dozens of police, BBC, ITN and other vehicles parked along Beverley Road today, it's been gridlocked driving around that area, so there's obviously something major to report. I gave up driving to the gym and turned back.The worst thing is people stopping to take a look, especially at rush hour. That's how accidents happen and is of no use to the teams trying to piece this all together. It's the same around the corner where the man was arrested. Newland Avenue at school times is horrendous at the worst of times.
I do hope that this poor girl is okay though. The general word on the street here is that she has been abducted from "hush hush" words from the police. As always, the media will only relay what they are allowed to say and print - locals here know more from word of mouth.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 10:50 PM

If you haven't heard yet, today they found Libby's body near Grimsby. She had probably been killed in Hull then thrown into the River Humber.
The news every family dreads.

I've driven past the bus stop bench where she was last seen on February 1st wondering each night what had happened to her. They should remove that old seat now and replace it with a new one in her memory.
RIP Libby
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 09:41 AM

Unimaginable isnt it . Her poor family .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 09:45 AM

Hi

Yes, I was quite upset thinking about how her family would be.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 10:10 AM

Sad news indeed, I feel for her poor family
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 12:40 PM

There was a video showing a person getting into a car, passenger side & somebody else getting in and driving away. I wonder if she had accepted a lift?
We are all told, as children, not to get in cars, but as teenagers I am sure many of us have accepted lifts from people we met that evening.
It is tragic that we have to treat everybody as a criminal, just because there are a few nasty people that may harm us. Her parents must be distraught!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 12:49 PM

We'll have to wait for the results of the autopsy to see if foul play can be ruled out.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

22-03-2019, 01:31 PM

I'm sure she must have been murdered.
She was in such a state of inebriation that night that she could not have walked the 300 yards from the bus stop to the River Hull further on up Beverley Road. What's more, there is a 5ft high wall to get over to jump or fall into the river. The river isn't fast flowing either and it's a good couple of miles past branches and debris until it joins the Humber where her body would then have travelled a further thirty miles to Grimsby docks.
I'm thinking Libby was abducted near the bus stop down Haworth Street then driven away and killed then disposed of near the Humber Bridge.

It was very sad but at the same time nice to see so many flowers had appeared overnight on that bench when I drove past it this morning.

On a personal note, my stepdaughter has just moved house and lives only yards away from where Libby was last seen. She tries to put that out of her mind if she can.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm sure she must have been murdered.
She was in such a state of inebriation that night that she could not have walked the 300 yards from the bus stop to the River Hull further on up Beverley Road. What's more, there is a 5ft high wall to get over to jump or fall into the river. The river isn't fast flowing either and it's a good couple of miles past branches and debris until it joins the Humber where her body would then have travelled a further thirty miles to Grimsby docks.
I'm thinking Libby was abducted near the bus stop down Haworth Street then driven away and killed then disposed of near the Humber Bridge.

It was very sad but at the same time nice to see so many flowers had appeared overnight on that bench when I drove past it this morning.

On a personal note, my stepdaughter has just moved house and lives only yards away from where Libby was last seen. She tries to put that out of her mind if she can.
Why was she on her own if she was so drunk??
Where on earth were her friends?
Someone should've seen her safely home
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 02:02 PM

My sister was so upset with her 29 year old daughter who travelled home totally alone on the train from London Waterloo to woking drunk , no one with her, from the station she would have walked home alone . Her daughter is angry with her mum for pestering her with calls and text and treating her like a child ! This was very late in the evening She says , everyone does it nowadays .

Stupid stupid stupid girls

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top