Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 02:12 PM

Re: Missing Student

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Why was she on her own if she was so drunk??
Where on earth were her friends?
Someone should've seen her safely home
She had tried to get into The Welly nightclub after drinking with her friends elsewhere. The club is on the same road where she was last seen (and where her flat was) but she was refused entry. I'm not certain if her friends went into the club. She got a taxi home then for some reason ventured out again.

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My sister was so upset with her 29 year old daughter who travelled home totally alone on the train from London Waterloo to woking drunk , no one with her, from the station she would have walked home alone . Her daughter is angry with her mum for pestering her with calls and text and treating her like a child ! This was very late in the evening She says , everyone does it nowadays .

Stupid stupid stupid girls
We've all been there when we were young (in my generation and nowadays too). Most of us learn to grow up with our drinking eventually.
Find me a student who doesn't do this?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
She had tried to get into The Welly nightclub after drinking with her friends b. The club is on the same road where she was last seen (and where her flat was) but she was refused entry. I'm not certain if her friends went into the club. She got a taxi home then for some reason ventured out again.

We've all been there when we were young (in my generation and nowadays too). Most of us learn to grow up with our drinking eventually.
Find me a student who doesn't do this?
I agree Floydy...but in those days there weren't men of a certain kind always on the lookout for easy prey.
OK so that's a generalisation and racist, so shoot me.

I suppose perhaps they're simply not as aware of the great dangers these days as we older folks are?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:04 PM

Ruthio I agree , I dont think we were so at risk when we were young . I walked home in the dark as lived in the country, I was never scared , but it seems now there is danger at every corner . It's a frightening world now .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
We'll have to wait for the results of the autopsy to see if foul play can be ruled out.
Latest report is that this case is now a potential homicide.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-humber-47673088
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 09:46 PM

Hi

We all do stupid things when we are young, the vast majority of us get away with them.

There should be no blame attached to her at all.

What is wrong is that someone took advantage and killed her.

It is his fault , not her fault.

I am very old fashioned in this respect, I am a Dad and a brother.

You do not take advantage of a drunk girl, you protect her.

You respect her in the same way you respect your daughter or your sister.

Have things changed over the years?

Not as much as you may think.

I can remember being kept in when the Moors Murders where the big thing.

We were grounded, but not told why.

Later, when the Yorkshire Ripper was the big thing, we had a rota system to walk the girls home.

Simple basic respect.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top