Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 05:57 PM

Lake District abandoned campsite shows 'sheer disrespect'

L

Abandoned tents and litter were found at a Lake District beauty spot ahead of lockdown travel rules being eased. Those responsible have been identified and their details passed on to police.

Volunteers cleared the site at Thirlmere, Allerdale, on Sunday amid fears people are travelling to the National Park for overnight stays, which are banned until 12 April.

Those responsible have been identified and their details passed on to police in Cumbria and Merseyside.

Volunteers cleared up 13 bags of rubbish from the makeshift campsite

Morons'R'Us are back and they'll be leaving their rubbish at a beauty spot near you soon .....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 09:02 PM

Re: Lake District abandoned campsite shows 'sheer disrespect'

That's disgusting. Do you have park rangers there? Ours are basically cops - if they have to be. A nice big juicy on the spot fine might help? Having a record as a known litterer then a penalty with some weight? You can get fined in the thousands here for that sort of crap. Can you there?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
That's disgusting. Do you have park rangers there? Ours are basically cops - if they have to be. A nice big juicy on the spot fine might help? Having a record as a known litterer then a penalty with some weight? You can get fined in the thousands here for that sort of crap. Can you there?
I'm afraid that our cops won't do anything...
and more and more morons will do the same in the future.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 10:06 PM

I hate that, and I fully expect a rerun here of last summers mess and mayhem. All the locals were up in arms about so called wild camping, so much damage and disrespect, going to the toilet anywhere they wanted, broken glass all over the place, huge motor homes everywhere, it was awful.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 10:38 PM

Total disgrace, selfish scum, and other folk have to clean up after them. It's a pity the rubbish couldn't be tipped in front of their houses
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Total disgrace, selfish scum, and other folk have to clean up after them. It's a pity the rubbish couldn't be tipped in front of their houses
I feel for you having to put up with that. That's one of the many brilliant things about having an indigenous first nations people politically and environmentally active in your country. They value the land in a way that few of us can ever really fully comprehend. Many of them work in National Parks and Wildlife. They have taught and influenced us so much about how to respect and care for the land and the animals. They have influenced policy for a long time now. Much of the national parkland is under their custodianship. Even littering near a sacred site or culturally significant area is a serious offence against country. I'm not exaggerating. It's like blasphemy to them. WE are far from perfect and it does happen here. But the most common form of littering - if you can call it that - here is illegally dumped industrial waste. I view anybody who abuses my country, it's environment or wildlife in any way as much the same as a rapist. So..in your case, if the cops and park authorities aren't doing anything, what about citizen's action of some kind?..Non violent of course but there are many forms.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 09:34 AM

Keezoy , I went to Adelade for a month to stay with friends and loved it so much . I kept saying there was absolutely no rubbish anywhere, the pavements were clean , bins outside homes , no loose bags and we drove around 4 thousand miles here and there and I never saw rubbish , not even lying by the roads I even tried to find bits with my eyes on our journeys . Amazing place

Edited to add , driving in the UK is shocking to see the dumped rubbish and litter in the hedges .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 10:01 AM

Why do people leave tents ?
Are they that cheap ?
It amazes me that people don’t take their litter home they bring the stuff in the first place why can’t they take it away with them ?
They do the same here have picnics and leave it .
They bring in their crap in bags but seem unable to take the same stuff albeit lighter home .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 10:12 AM

Very poor. The first rule of camping is to leave a place as though you'd never been there. I view examples such as this as fly-tipping.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Keezoy , I went to Adelade for a month to stay with friends and loved it so much . I kept saying there was absolutely no rubbish anywhere, the pavements were clean , bins outside homes , no loose bags and we drove around 4 thousand miles here and there and I never saw rubbish , not even lying by the roads I even tried to find bits with my eyes on our journeys . Amazing place

Edited to add , driving in the UK is shocking to see the dumped rubbish and litter in the hedges .
There's a reason for that, of course. They don't have any yobs in Australia. It's a very British thing.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top