Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2013, 10:29 PM

Pets

Were anyone's dogs/cats/birds/poultry/horses etc upset by fireworks tonight?
My oldest dog used to completely go to pieces, but this year she is so deaf, she slept through most of it, even though they have a huge display organised by the scouts, in the park right behind my house.

(Apologies if this should be in the fireworks posts?)
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2013, 11:16 PM

Re: Pets

I've still to see Alice (my avatar).

She usually burrows under the duvet at any sign of disruption, but no show.

The b****y things are still going off, but I hope she'll mince in when things have calmed down. Wind and rain are still rampant, so hopefully, she's under a hedge and will return to base ...........

Gwyn
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2013, 11:46 PM

I do hope she gets home safely if she is outside Gwyn. I feel so sorry for the animals tonight as they haven't a clue about us humans idea of "fun".
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 12:55 AM

It's an awful time for some pets.
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 05:37 AM

We aren't allowed fireworks here but I have a couple of dogs who show the same scared reactions when thunder claps. One old girl has to be inside on stormy nights because she runs off chasing the noise. She's a complete nut job and the other guy, he's the biggest joke. He's huge and cries like a baby at the slightest noise of thunder. He lies on the floor crying his huge heart out and consantly needing reassurance that the noise can't get inside and get him. He's the sookiest 65 kg dog I've ever met!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 02:20 PM

Our dogs aren't phased by fireworks or any other kinds of noise at all - except for the noise made when unwrapping a pack of biscuits - that sends them absolutely crazy!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 02:27 PM

Yea......Ears up, eyes wide ......
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 02:29 PM

My cat Coco adores Fireworks, she took me upstairs to the landing where we have a window that faces the Firework Display in Danbury, she sat on the window seal and I stood next to her and we turned the lights off, and what a fantastic display we had and Coco enjoyed every bit of it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 02:42 PM

What a fab story - cats are unique personalities .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top