Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 04:19 PM

Re: Anyone fancy helping out?

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Bye the way folks.
I wasn't referring to Rachel in my post up above there!
Lol ... thanks BC ... that's why I added the bit about its closing because of health issues.
That was over three years ago now and made up of family tree enthusiasts.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
That is just it Patsy.
They do!
They do
Now for a true cautionary tale.

On another quite largish forum I was on, which has fairly recently gone belly up, I had a forum lady friend who was on my friend list. For a good couple of years I got on ever so well with her, and had lots of cheeky and other banter plus PMs and stuff. I truly liked her an awful lot.

THEN, all of a sudden she was made a Mod.
THEN, she changed!
like I say, she just HAD to use a Mods privileges, such as I mentioned in my other post.

Before long. both me and others, who are now members of this forum, got ourselves banned by her.

Like I say, that forum is no more.
I wonder why?

All I am saying is this.
If there is a likely new Mod on the way here, then that person needs to be chosen with the greatest of care.

And I don't envy the person who agrees to do it either.
No matter what they are like!
That's a sad story you tell - wrong though to assume everyone is like that woman - I have seen power hungry people even those that do mundane jobs - but I wouldn't say everyone will be the same - whoever helps out here, is in for a lovely time of it - I can tell
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That's a sad story you tell - wrong though to assume everyone is like that woman - I have seen power hungry people even those that do mundane jobs - but I wouldn't say everyone will be the same - whoever helps out here, is in for a lovely time of it - I can tell

Patsy. Oh! Patsy.
I am NOT of course saying that everyone is like that particular/peculiar woman.
The lady mods on here are NOT like that woman at all, and I was NOT assuming it either.
Don't try and put words in my big mouth!

If you read my post properly, you will see that I only offered a cautionary tale, and thereby told mine.

We have ALL had them.
Useless Bosses or Jobsworths where it has all gone to their heads.
Having said that.

Man OR Woman, not EVERY boss is a backside, and not EVERY mod is a backside. But promote the wrong person in any sphere of life, and all that will do is give long term problems to either the workers, or the forum members.

Blimey Patsy, you have gotten me worn out here!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:11 PM

Sorry BC - I think we're clear on it all now
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:12 PM

If you've seen the film, "Matilda" , Miss Trunchbull would be me as a mod!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If you've seen the film, "Matilda" , Miss Trunchbull would be me as a mod!
Ooo - I'll have to look out for that one
Who's in it ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:37 PM

Danny de Vito, Pam Ferris is Miss Trunchbull and some others I don't know, it's very funny!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2016, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Danny de Vito, Pam Ferris is Miss Trunchbull and some others I don't know, it's very funny!
Oh good - will see if I can find it x
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 07:08 PM

Thanks .... and I was thought about it...but then I realize that it will not be a good idea..haha... Gia xo
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

20-01-2016, 10:14 PM

There you go Patsy:

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top