Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 02:54 PM

This Stinks

I am not going to say much at this stage, only to say this is another case of the rich using the poor to fatten their wallets.
What do you think See Here
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 03:11 PM

Re: This Stinks

That stinks, how can you be unemployed and working at Tescos? If Tesco wants the workers they should pay them at least the minimum wage.
It seems like they are bringing the work experience back, what a fiddle.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 03:34 PM

They have branch's all over Ireland Arthur and I only hope they lose a lot of custom for this open exploitation of the unemployed, talk about rubbing their nose's in it!. Tesco is acting like the big Gorilla it is, gloating and beating it's chest in public. It's a bloody disgrace!.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 03:37 PM

It certainly is sending the wrong sort of message out and certainly does stink, I hope the newspapers really do have a go at Tesco over this 'mistreatment'.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:49 PM

Firstly I thought there was a minimum wage?

This makes you wonder how many folks are working like this round the country?

It looks to me as though this is a ploy by the government to keep the unemployment figures down.

Another thing if they are Tesco's they can't be looking for a job.

I was talking to a chap who had been made redundant after 25 years with the same country, he told me that because he worked full time for Help the Aged as a volunteer with no pay, they were going to stop his jobseekers allowance.
They told him because he was doing voluntary work he was not looking for a job, and made him give up half of the week to seek a job.
He told them he was actually looking for a job whilst he went round on the van, but they made him pack most of it up.
It certainly stinks big time.

I know folks who have said they will never again use Tesco's, the strange thing is this is the poor mans supermarket, I wonder if the rich mans supermarkets Waitrose and M&S are doing the same.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 05:28 PM

Yet another reason NOT to use Tescos. Anyone else remember Dame Shirley Porter (daughter to the founder of Tescos) and also remember what she did as Leader of Westminster City Council???
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

18-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Tesco forced to close store by protesters!

See Here
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 06:39 PM

Tesco shareholders and bosses should hang their heads in shame over this exploitation. I don't believe that their claim of it being an error is true - there was a job reference and the advert appeared in more than one place. It was a calculated decision to get something for nothing. I have been getting more and more annoyed with Tesco recently for various reasons and I certainly will not be shopping there anymore. Other people will feel angry and will do the same, I am sure.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 07:16 PM

Someone on the radio pointed out the other day that taxpayers are all subsidising companies like the supermarkets,
..they pay their staff the minimum wage
= not enough to live on
= people on low income claim tax credit paid for by the taxpayer.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 11:49 PM

I'm so angry that a company that is making millions in profits is prepared to kick people when they are already down. Absolutely disgusting. It must be bad enough being out of work, without these patronising idiots trying to degrade them further by asking them to work night shift for just the cost of their transport. I don't believe it was an IT mistake either and Tesco will never get one more penny of my money.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top