Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Re: Harry's not happy

if u didnt have royals u wouldnt have castles to look at ect ..of course tourist come camera clicking when ever a event is on / fit in like trying to be a wife for starters' the father started all the crap and he's other daughter in America and so it gathered more crap up' just escalated .. their not perfect I agree but -- ease off I say ..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 04:08 PM

Actually yes we would because the castles and royal buildings mostly don’t belong to the Royal Family they are owned and maintained by the taxpayer

France has no Royal Family but has more tourists pa than the uk who visit their ex royal palaces .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I agree, Floydy.

They choose to live in the public eye - they must accept what that entails. Other members of the Royal Family manage to go about their duties without causing a media frenzy or having to thrust their photos in our faces every day.
Which is what a panelist on QT said, Meghan has to accept that marriage into royalty means she is expected to behave in a certain manner, comparison with Duchess of Cambridge, is unfair but the petulant diva attitude is not helping either of them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I wonder how many tourists were on the streets of London when Harry and Megan married?

I wonder if William and Kate had more...
Who is even interested? I don't give a flying fvck what they do. Tourists will come to the UK anyway!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Which is what a panelist on QT said, Meghan has to accept that marriage into royalty means she is expected to behave in a certain manner, comparison with Duchess of Cambridge, is unfair but the petulant diva attitude is not helping either of them.

Have you ever noticed Kate Middleton biting her lip...when she's greeting a crowd.

I bet when she goes home,takes her shoes off.......William's life ain't worth living.....I would love love to be a fly on her wall with a brain!....

Their is something about Kate,from what I see on tv that is false..it's like she's acting..I may be wrong...just a hunch I have.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
if u didnt have royals u wouldnt have castles to look at ect ..of course tourist come camera clicking when ever a event is on / fit in like trying to be a wife for starters' the father started all the crap and he's other daughter in America and so it gathered more crap up' just escalated .. their not perfect I agree but -- ease off I say ..
All of our castles won't suddenly burn down, fall over and sink into the swamp if we slaughtered the royals overnight. They will always be there.
The problem is that the queen has been laboratory-doctored to live forever so there will always be lunatics lining the pavements throwing confetti at her pollution-gorging car or her horse sh!tting itself all the way down Pall Mall.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It’s no wonder we still have a monarchy when people believe all this old crap.

They don’t bring in tourists

But it keeps the plebs quiet and the peasants from being too revolting.
I beg to differ on that Muddy. I believe they DO bring in the tourists. All those hoards of Japanese and other tourists that congregate outside of Buck Palace are not there just to look at the Palace, Nice building yes, Changing of the Guard a good momento too, but guaranteed, they have their camera's at the ready longing to see any member of the royal family that may just pop their head out onto one of the many balconies.

When they are reading up on London and the Royals before visiting the UK, I can guarantee that they are more interested in reading about each and every member of the Royal family rather than about any dusty old buildings.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Nor is the pathetic victim stance .
I hate to say this but Harry has milked the loss of his mother too much .
The British public has always been fond of these young men because they are Dianas sons .
Playing the victim card is a bit much from a seriously weathly 35 man .
They are now squandering the good will ( not to say tax )of the British people .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I beg to differ on that Muddy. I believe they DO bring in the tourists. All those hoards of Japanese and other tourists that congregate outside of Buck Palace are not there just to look at the Palace, Nice building yes, Changing of the Guard a good momento too, but guaranteed, they have their camera's at the ready longing to see any member of the royal family that may just pop their head out onto one of the many balconies.

When they are reading up on London and the Royals before visiting the UK, I can guarantee that they are more interested in reading about each and every member of the Royal family rather than about any dusty old buildings.
The Japanese are everywhere Shrops in just about any country royals of no royals .
The top destination in Europe for Japanese is France .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
All of our castles won't suddenly burn down, fall over and sink into the swamp if we slaughtered the royals overnight. They will always be there.
The problem is that the queen has been laboratory-doctored to live forever so there will always be lunatics lining the pavements throwing confetti at her pollution-gorging car or her horse sh!tting itself all the way down Pall Mall.
Floydy you have such a way with words

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top