Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 03:27 PM

Re: Childhood Toys

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I remember the Skates i had off my cousin , the old type ones that you could fit to shoe size, and i had a Whip and Top at Easter,
A whip and top ! Ooooer -
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I had a Triang 00 gauge railway layout with two locos. Pity we had such a small house that I couldn't keep it permanently assembled. ... BUT....
my favourite was a Meccano set, complete with a gear set and motor.

In my teens, I was given a large Scalextric set, but by then I had outgrown such things and I didn't bother much with it. My folks were very out of touch.
I wonder if you would like to have that now though
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
What was your favourite, mine was my paper doll and meccano - loverly
Again we have something in common, I loved my Meccano sets so much that Dad made me a special box to keep all the parts in and I still have it today only yesterday I was wrapping it in packing tape ready for the big move (hopefully the last ) to Suffolk.

I'm very happy to know there was at least one girl who understood what Meccano was all about. Generally it was a 'boy toy' which was sad because in my opinion you could learn so much about things like 'leverage' and 'reinforcing' not to mention how wheels worked.

I never got to own all ten sets, I think I had sets one to five which was five Christmas pressies of course, had to wait a year to get the next one

I haven't 'made' anything with it for about 50 years but Ihave used the odd bracket for jobs around the house.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 03:49 PM

I loved my dolls and used to enjoyed getting out an old, handed-down, porcelain tea set for a pretend tea party!

Found the above tea set recently at my mother's home which brought the memories flooding back.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2014, 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=Losos;545831]Again we have something in common, I loved my Meccano sets so much that Dad made me a special box to keep all the parts in and I still have it today only yesterday I was wrapping it in packing tape ready for the big move (hopefully the last ) to Suffolk.

I'm very happy to know there was at least one girl who understood what Meccano was all about. Generally it was a 'boy toy' which was sad because in my opinion you could learn so much about things like 'leverage' and 'reinforcing' not to mention how wheels worked.

I never got to own all ten sets, I think I had sets one to five which was five Christmas pressies of course, had to wait a year to get the next one

I haven't 'made' anything with it for about 50 years but Ihave used the odd bracket for jobs around the house.[/QUOTE]

Made me giggle
It really was a great innovation - would like to think you would have another go Harvey
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I loved my dolls and used to enjoyed getting out an old, handed-down, porcelain tea set for a pretend tea party!

Found the above tea set recently at my mother's home which brought the memories flooding back.
Ah yes - the tea set, fab ! I'd tell me little mates to help themselves while I put on me show for them
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 04:21 PM

I had a metal Muffin the Mule puppet on strings, and how I loved it. I also had an old soft toy tiger that always came to bed with me and a Brear Rabbit who was almost as big as me, I loved all those three.
Much nicer than all this electronic stuff they have nowadays, can't cuddle up to that in bed can they.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 04:29 PM

I used to love my Rupert annuals - got one every Christmas.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
would like to think you would have another go Harvey
I thought when I retired I would have time to indulge myself but it hasn't happened yet, still things should be quieter in Suffolk so maybe. Once again I have to go (Things to do like feeding the hound )
See you tomorrow
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 04:43 PM

Mine was a farm set, I would happily play for hours with it. Also I was occasionally allowed to choose a new animal to add to it .... I nearly always chose a horse

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top