Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 05:00 PM

Re: Home Delivery

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The wife wanted a Home Delivery, I told her being in Hospital was less risky.
Ha ha - boom boom
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 05:14 PM

I agree Yodel are bad......very bad, the best courier has got to be Hermes they employ local people on a franchise basis and they never fail to deliver 7 days a week.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
You didn't deny it though
Well I was keeping the thought to myself thinking I could give the posties a package to deliver and a tip for Christmas more exciting than a Tenner each. Oh I have posted my thoughts against my better judgement

Then I think the other lady is Hermes and not Yodel .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 06:29 PM

Stop for a moment and consider the work they have to do. Delivering parcel post must be one of the worst jobs going at the moment, you are in the front line of all the abuse and all for an existence wage, the competition with delevery companies is fierce today, cutting each others throats and costs. I have sympathy for all the front line men, sure they make mistakes but we all do when we have targets to meet in double quick time, fair is fair.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Stop for a moment and consider the work they have to do. Delivering parcel post must be one of the worst jobs going at the moment, you are in the front line of all the abuse and all for an existence wage, the competition with delevery companies is fierce today, cutting each others throats and costs. I have sympathy for all the front line men, sure they make mistakes but we all do when we have targets to meet in double quick time, fair is fair.
I do feel for the guys doing that job Jem - I must be fortunate to have delivery with a smile. We try to be helpful by meeting them at the lift, save them a walk down the corridor, I was shocked to hear bad reports this morning, so they are not all thoughtful but it must be a stressful job, driving must get on their nerves to start with .........
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 07:31 PM

Yes arrived home and found card on mat informing me a parcel was left in my back garden it made me wonder because i have a six foot fence all round the garden and the 6 foot gate is always locked. You guessed it the parcel had been chucked over the fence a good job it wasn't breakable goods!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2015, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Yes arrived home and found card on mat informing me a parcel was left in my back garden it made me wonder because i have a six foot fence all round the garden and the 6 foot gate is always locked. You guessed it the parcel had been chucked over the fence a good job it wasn't breakable goods!
Seems a common trait - wonder if the company knows about it
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 07:33 PM

Their working conditions don't excuse theft or breaking people's stuff.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2015, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Their working conditions don't excuse theft or breaking people's stuff.
No it doesn't - I guess it won't change unless people complain
Maybe todays revelations will bring about change
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:14 PM

Reading some of these horror stories is dreadful, I hardly dare say up to now we have had nothing to complain about, watch this space !!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top