Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:07 PM

The oldbugger returns

Hello folks,

Just thought I would write you a wee line to let you all know that I am now back online further to returning home.

I am still having some difficulty in reading from the computer screen (although it isn't as bad on paper for some reason) and find it harder and more time consuming typing. As the wife said, I am indeed having some trouble getting the right words and frequently mix up the spelling of words, somewhat like having dyslexia I would imagine.

I thank the Lord though that I am well enough to be back here and physically am unharmed by the episode. I am seeing (reluctantly!) a speech therapist twice a week to work on my "muddled words" and should hopefully be back to normal eventually.

The worst thing at the moment is not being able to drive. I don't think there is anything wrong that would affect my driving, but of course the doctors won't let me until they are satisfied. Fortunately I never really needed to go anywhere anyway, but the freedom to go out when and if I wanted was nice.

Anyway, it has taken me long enough to type the above (so much for my touch typing!!) so I will leave it there for now.

It won't happen all at once, but I WILL be back before too long.

Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers, I could never repay you for your kindness.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:17 PM

Re: The oldbugger returns

Great to hear from you Jim, I'm delighted you are on the way up again and you sound just like your old self. Please thank that wonderful woman of yours for keeping us up to date while you were not on here.
Strange thing, I was just thinking about you coming back to Dublin today in the train.
Take it easy and God bless.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:19 PM

Welcome back Jim ... it's good to know you are on the mend

Best wishes to you and your family and do things at a pace you feel comfortable with
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:24 PM

great to see you back mate
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:30 PM

Great to see you back hope your recovery goes from strength to strength !
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:32 PM

Good to have you back and even better to know you are on the mend x.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:33 PM

Welcome back OB. Glad you're on the mend.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:44 PM

Hello Jim it's lovely to have you back and obviously doing so well .

With regard to reading the computer screen have you tried darkening it a little so it is not so bright. That might help.

Just take your time with everything things will return gradually .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:47 PM

nice to see you back...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:49 PM

Welcome back you old bugger. My turn to get them in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top