Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:18 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I remember watchin him in a few silly movies - he was a better actor than singer IMO

Terence Nelhams-Wright, known as Adam Faith, was a British teen idol, singer, actor and financial journalist. He was one of the most charted acts of the 1960s. He became the first UK artist to lodge his initial seven hits in the Top 5. He was also one of the first UK acts to record original songs regularly. Wikipedia
Born: 23 June 1940, Acton, London
Died: 8 March 2003, Stoke-on-Trent
Spouse: Jackie Irving (m. 1967–2003)
Albums: Beat Girl, From Adam With Love......
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:22 AM

and one girl - one wife wow!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:23 AM

and one girl - one wife wow!
But sadly passed away.

I like Billy Fury. xxxx
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-02-2019, 01:19 AM

Yes, Possums. xxxxx
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 02:26 PM

that's the longest kiss I've ever had .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .with a dog!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-02-2019, 02:31 PM

that's the longest kiss I've ever had .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .with a dog!
Pardon????
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 03:47 PM

I remember watching him in a few silly movies - he was a better actor than singer IMO
AAhh Adam Faith alias BUDGIE.

It can't have really been produced as far back as 1972, can it? All 26 episodes.
1972 that's 47 years ago & the year nurse Gillian married me.

Adam had us all fooled, he was not just an actor and singer but also a bright star on the stock exchange, thus adding financier and journalist to his CV.

footnote wonder what happened to the drawling siren GEORGIANA HALE and the incomparable,menacing seething IAIN CUTHBERTSON
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 06:51 PM

I always liked Adam Faith, used to watch him on “Drumbeat” BBC’s answer to ITV’s “Oh Boy” every Saturday afternoon. Cliff Richard would be on it too and one or two other lads who didn’t do too well afterwards namely Vince Eager, Eden Kane, Mark Winter, these lads were paid a pittitance, a small weekly wage by the miserable gits who had them in their "Stables", all this came out much later.
I saw Mark Winter in an Agatha Christie Play three years ago here at the Gaiety Theatre, he was quite a good actor. Never did take to Cliff, although you couldn’t say anything bad about him in front of the missus, she idolises him.
In my humble opinion it’s not very hard to go from singer/comedian to acting, once you lose the fear of performing in front of an audience you can act with confidence, and that’s what acting is all about, having the confidence to deceive the audience into thinking you are someone else, actors are just legalised conmen/women.

My dear old Mother God be good to her, used to like Adam Faith in Budgie, she said he was a lovely lad and he had a "Carved Face" I used to slag her off by saying "Does that mean he has a face like a chisel Ma?"
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-02-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
AAhh Adam Faith alias BUDGIE.

It can't have really been produced as far back as 1972, can it? All 26 episodes.
1972 that's 47 years ago & the year nurse Gillian married me.

Adam had us all fooled, he was not just an actor and singer but also a bright star on the stock exchange, thus adding financier and journalist to his CV.

footnote wonder what happened to the drawling siren GEORGIANA HALE and the incomparable,menacing seething IAIN CUTHBERTSON
Here you are Young Robert.
http://www.angelfire.com/rings/tbag/...rginahale.html

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...rtson-obituary
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-02-2019, 09:31 PM

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top