Join for free
Page 359 of 1676 « First < 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 859 1359 > Last »
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 09:32 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Windmills be female as well. They have sails, like ships, not sales like shops.

So are supermarkets female as well I wander?

It's beer night tonight. I fancy some Germanic Weiss bier. I need to nip out to the garage to get it. I daren't keep it in the house fridge lest the cheap stuff (bought for visitors) remains untouched whilst the good stuff gets poured in a stew.

When she was in her early teens my Cousin was caught swinging a galleon curtainer of beer around that my Uncle had brewed as she it carried through their lounge. He had to wait another day for it to settle before it could be drunked.
Lovely girl, but her education was lacking where beer was concerned. I still married her though but took the sensible precaution of installing a separate fridge in the garage, beer for the exclusive use of.

She nearly put my very expensive sherry in a trifle once instead of the £5/L Morrison's own brand as well. It's not deliberate, but as she doesn't drink more than two glasses of Canadian Ice Wine per year, she just doesn't understand the various nuances where alcohol is concerned.

I'm drinking Franziskaner Weissbier tonight, made in a Franciscan Monk Refinery just outside Munich.
I first drank this stuff whilst testing a jet engine at Stuttgart University in the Winter of 1988. Very civilised that, beer on the job.
The engine crew were from Bavaria and didn't think much of the local beer, so they brought their own.
An awful bunch of blokes, they wouldn't let me buy any beer for them. I even told them I would claim it back on expenses but they still wouldn't let me buy any. I'm sure you feel my pain.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=Pug;1279842]I'll try,Jem...tho' I spex I'll be shouted down. #sigh#

Y'see;the English word "ship" derives etymologically from a Germanic word,"Schiff" and the Latin word "navis", which is closely related in meaning,is feminine. Ergo;when 'schiff' is used,it's become 'ship' to English speakers and is invariably used in the feminine form-although it has oft been said by seafarers of olden times,that one of the reasons is that 'she' [the ship] took a lot of careful handling and attentive maintenance,to get the best out of 'her'.
However,BECAUSE certain parties took umbrage at the 'she' references when speaking of seagoing vessels,since 2002,Lloyds has taken to referring to all-and-any vessel insured by them as 'it'.
Yup - that's true. Sad,innit.

If I got the chance to swish my roller around 'HER' bottom or 'IT'S' bottom,my stiff little roller would be a blur as it caressed HER bottom.

.....jus' sayin'.....

Hope that helps,Jem?

That perspective sounds a bit Gummish.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:14 AM

well some women just love the touch of gums in any position [I am told!]
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 12:50 PM

I have 2 questions for our Pug

ONE
SHIPS TONNAGE (ie WEIGHT OF SHIP)
Thus, Oasis of the Seas at 220,000 gross tons is considered a bigger cruise ship than Navigator of the Seas at 137,000 gross tons. Because the word “tons” is used in connection with this measurement, people often think that the gross tonnage is the weight of the ship.

WTF are they talking about, surely the weight is the weight.

TWO
I have forgotten the 2nd question, I'll post it later
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 12:54 PM

oops now you've started it - we'll be a flush with tonnage and plimsoll lines and displacement factors - duck!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 12:58 PM

PUG "animal, vegetable or mineral round.
I remember the questions now, Actually TWO more.

ONE
How do garden centre calculate the volume of bagged composts, currently in litres, when we all knows that LITRES is LIQUID volume, not solid material

THREE
How do you calculate the volume of liquid in a 6ft diameter fishbowl? (sphere)

Thanks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:00 PM

This is turning into Mastermind ... you lads are very knowledgeable!
Robert Jnr.
UK

22-11-2017, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oops now you've started it - we'll be a flush with tonnage and plimsoll lines and displacement factors - duck!
Pug is a very clever man, indeed, a polymath & these questions have been bugging me for years
Robert Jnr.
UK

22-11-2017, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
This is turning into Mastermind ... you lads are very knowledgeable!
Why thank you dearheart. I try to keep the other old wrinkies in leisurely scribbles grey matter from rotting
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:07 PM

Number three is easy, you fill the Fishbowl with water, then decant it into a measuring jug, and take the reading off the side, then if you want, make a note of that reading and empty the jug, you can then half fill the Fishbowl, add a Goldfish, then fill the bowl again, the remove the fish into another receptacle that has water in, pour the content of the Fishbowl back into the measuring jug, and minus this figure off the first figure, thus you will have the Liquid volume of the fish, which can be converted to cubic millimetres if desired.

Page 359 of 1676 « First < 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 859 1359 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top