Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 08:35 AM

ISIS Deserters

This is to start a discussion only.

It is reported in one newspaper this morning that hundreds of "British and European ISIS fighters" are fleeing the Russian bombing and headed for home. Surely these should be regarded as traitors. Perhaps the death penalty for traitors should be re-invoked.

The truth will probably be that we will take their finger prints and house them somewhere for their own safety. It needs careful thought as to what benefits they will be entitled to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 08:40 AM

Re: ISIS Deserters

I would suggest they forfeited their British status when they joined forced against us, revoke their passports make them find some other country to take them in.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 08:49 AM

We will let them back in a right soft touch this country has become. Back home no doubt unemployed back on the dole and any other benefits they can scrounge.😠
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
This is to start a discussion only.

It is reported in one newspaper this morning that hundreds of "British and European ISIS fighters" are fleeing the Russian bombing and headed for home. Surely these should be regarded as traitors. Perhaps the death penalty for traitors should be re-invoked.
Many newspapers have their own agendas and print fiction, they also like to scaremonger.
If we are quoting newspapers how about this one to add a little balance to the discussion ..
Isis has executed at least 120 of its own militants in the past three months, the majority of whom were foreign fighters trying to return home, according to a Syrian monitoring group.

The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that the brutal militant group killed the jihadists - most of whom were foreign fighters - for trying to flee the territory adding that the true number could be even higher.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-9947805.html
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 09:43 AM

Meg, that news item on your post sounds very likely. Isis have no respect for life and, if possible, they are not going to let any deserters go home alive, carrying information to other countries. I know we all view them as traitors, and I am sure they will have committed atrocities for Isis, but many were stupid young boys who were brainwashed by Isis. Many young men, of any nation or religion, make stupid mistakes but I hope that the media continue to show such stories in the hope that other young Muslim lads, who may be persuaded to join Isis, will realize that it isn't an adventure, but a change of life that they will never be able to desert, no matter how much they may want to. I have sympathy with the families. of those who have already traveled to Syria, as it is unlikely that they will ever see their children alive again!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would suggest they forfeited their British status when they joined forced against us, revoke their passports make them find some other country to take them in.
How can we do that if they are English Julie, most of them were born here.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
How can we do that if they are English Julie, most of them were born here.
I know which is why I said they forfeited their right to a UK passport, they are traitors or would you like to see them welcomed home to cause trouble here ? They all knew what they were doing when they left I don't subscribe to the poor kids didn't know what they were doing they knew they were taking a side against us. They have shown a really vicious disregard for human lives we don't need them walking our streets putting us at risk.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 10:27 AM

Hi

We cannot strip them of their citizenship unless they have dual citizenship, which many do not.

What we can do however is detain them on their return as Enemy Combatants, and preferably for life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-10-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We cannot strip them of their citizenship unless they have dual citizenship, which many do not.

What we can do however is detain them on their return as Enemy Combatants, and preferably for life.
We could with a change in the law and this is so important IMO that is what we need to do.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We could with a change in the law and this is so important IMO that is what we need to do.
Hi

It is International Law Julie, not our law or even EU Law.

None of the Political Parties will seek to change it.

There is good reason for not changing it, if someone committed a crime here and their home country stripped them of citizenship we would be stuck with them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top