Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 11:42 AM

Re: ISIS Deserters

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is International Law Julie, not our law or even EU Law.

None of the Political Parties will seek to change it.
If the rest of the world want them they can have them - international law or not who will stop us if we take their passports away, who would really blame us for not welcoming back terrorists into our midsts.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If the rest of the world want them they can have them - international law or not who will stop us if we take their passports away, who would really blame us for not welcoming back terrorists into our midsts.
If you take their passports off them it can only stop them from leaving the UK.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 12:09 PM

I know which is why I said they forfeited their right to a UK passport, they are traitors or would you like to see them welcomed home to cause trouble here ? They all knew what they were doing when they left I don't subscribe to the poor kids didn't know what they were doing they knew they were taking a side against us. They have shown a really vicious disregard for human lives we don't need them walking our streets putting us at risk.
Excellent post!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
If you take their passports off them it can only stop them from leaving the UK.
Not if you take them before they enter the country.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 12:25 PM

I would suggest they forfeited their British status when they joined forced against us, revoke their passports make them find some other country to take them in.
I agree. They should never be allowed to set foot in European countries ever again, not even to be sent to prison, the tax payers should not have to keep them.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 12:27 PM

And while your at it stop all their benefits why on earth should they be allowed back here plus benefits?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is International Law Julie, not our law or even EU Law.

None of the Political Parties will seek to change it.

There is good reason for not changing it, if someone committed a crime here and their home country stripped them of citizenship we would be stuck with them.
Well said swimfeeders! I have sympathy with the families of these boys, who were probably born here, because they are likely to be from decent families who hadn't realized how easy it would be to turn their sons into terrorists. It would be very naive to believe that some of the young male immigrants, who are currently trying to get into this country, won't eventually go the same way, when they find that Europe isn't the land of milk and honey that they have been led to believe. If we let them into our countries then we are inviting more potential radicals, because they don't come with a stamp that declares them to be good or bad, and once they are established here they become European citizens. This means we should either stop them coming in or accept responsibility for them when we have let them in and they become radicals!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 01:24 PM

Running away from a crime doesn't remove the crime as many have found to their cost. Those returning must face the consequences of their actions by being judged by OUR laws. If found guilty of breaking OUR laws they should pay whatever price OUR laws consider appropriate.

I fail to see a problem. If there are mitigating circumstances for their actions a lesser sentence and so on.

If their crimes warrant it then they should be deported to whichever country they wronged to face justice there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-10-2015, 01:50 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with that if it didn't cost so much to put them in prison and if I didn't believe they would in tur be radicalising other prisoners. A lot of radicalisation goes on in prisons already we don't need any more.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 01:55 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with that if it didn't cost so much to put them in prison and if I didn't believe they would in tur be radicalising other prisoners. A lot of radicalisation goes on in prisons already we don't need any more.
They wouldn't have a foot to stand on. At the end of the day they are returning cowards. No-one would pay them any attention unless totally brain dead.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top