Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 03:14 PM

Re: Another Government mess

I'm all in favour of making people responsible for their own financial position (where possible) and the state only giving help in those cases where people cannot support themselves due to no fault of their own. In the past it's been too easy for people to throw themselves on benefits rather than rely on themselves. Give help only where necessary and then make sure it's a good help.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 04:20 PM

Strange how you can always tell who started a thread by the title
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I'm all in favour of making people responsible for their own financial position (where possible) and the state only giving help in those cases where people cannot support themselves due to no fault of their own. In the past it's been too easy for people to throw themselves on benefits rather than rely on themselves. Give help only where necessary and then make sure it's a good help.
I don't disagree but unless housing is made cheaper and we can get back to one person being able to finance a family I can't see it happening, people need help just to survive these days.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sillious sodus!!! - have you forgotten already that Cameron appointed another 50 odd peers only a few weeks ago so that the 'Nasty Party' could have a majority of idle, layabout do-nothing, good for nothing peers.
No, I hadn't forgotten Joe. Still not enough to counter all the ones that Blair and Brown appointed during their years in power.
By the way I don't do personal insults so I would appreciate it if you would reciprocate. As for the nasty party, judging by the behaviour outside the Conservative party conference, and the insults and name calling from the Left I would say that labour have earned that particular title.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 05:51 PM

I am happy to pay for children but not when I discover tax credits are used locally to purchase alcohol, cigarettes and drugs. There must be a better way to EFFECTIVELY help children. Any suggestions ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 05:57 PM

I don't understand this attitude about some people shouldn't have children. After the war children were treasured. People realised how precious they are and gave them the best futures possible. Hence the war babies and boomers on here. I know some didn't have easy lives but lots had good free education, jobs for life, etc.
We actually need people to have children to be futures tax payers and we should all help to raise them in the best possible manner imo. Even if we don't have any ourselves we need other people's children to become doctors, engineers, cleaners and every other sort of worker.
If only rich people can afford children you will end up with elitist adults who only want the best jobs and no one to do anything else.
Then you end up having to take in more immigrants.
What to you have then?
An old fashioned British Empire without having to conquer anywhere!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top