Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 03:02 AM

If you could... would you!?

Ok this may sound like a no-brainer to some of you, but if scientists came up with a pill today that could regenerate your DNA to what it was when you were in your 20's - would you take it?

The pill would be completely safe, there would be no side effects or any other catches. You would just end up looking (and feeling) like you did in your 20's though you get to keep your memories/wisdom/experience etc that you already have.

Basically, it would be you but in your younger (fitter!?) body.

- Would you? Why? (Ok it's a no brainer!)
- If not? Why not?

Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 08:40 AM

Re: If you could... would you!?

Maybe if I could find a man of a similar age who has also taken it, not much fun being fitter if you can use all that fitness te he. Seriously would this pill make you live longer as well or would you just die fit and healthy?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 08:44 AM

No.
Last time I went to the DRs for constipation he asked how long I had been suffering. I said for about 3 weeks. So he gave me these pills to take ,3 a day for 3 weeks, and put them up my back passage.

Three weeks later I went back to the Dr and he asked if they worked.

No I said and now I can't even open my back gate
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 08:54 AM

Yes I would take the pill
I would like to have the stamina I once had so that I could enjoy my three small grandchildren to the full without feeling exhausted.

The pill clearly is no guarantee that we will not become ill or die is it but until that happens I would like to be fit and healthy again.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 08:58 AM

I would definitely take that pill - so fed up with pain and not being able to escape it with sleep
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 09:05 AM

Oh yes please,no arthritic joints and two stones lighter?...bring it on ;~)
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 09:43 AM

Yes I would take it .

HRT used to be good , but it's not given to women over 55
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 10:17 AM

Nope! Rather not stay any longer than necessary.
uncle salty
eastern united states
uncle salty is male  uncle salty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 10:51 AM

Count me out.

My 20s were lousy. I felt terrible, both physically and mentally.

I'm just glad I survived that decade.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Ok this may sound like a no-brainer to some of you, but if scientists came up with a pill today that could regenerate your DNA to what it was when you were in your 20's - would you take it?

The pill would be completely safe, there would be no side effects or any other catches. You would just end up looking (and feeling) like you did in your 20's though you get to keep your memories/wisdom/experience etc that you already have.

Basically, it would be you but in your younger (fitter!?) body.

- Would you? Why? (Ok it's a no brainer!)
- If not? Why not?

(If you could... would you!? )
Well when I saw the title my first thought was "Hell yes providing she is well fit".

Then I read the full post and I have to say it really is a no brainer unless of course you have already lost your soul mate and are just hanging around before you pop yer clogs and meet up with them again.

I would love to take the pill well half of it and I would slip the other half to my good lady so we can both enjoy a little more of our younger lives once again together.It probably wouldn't take us back to our 20's because we would only have half each but knock off 15yrs I am sure we would be happy. It was great the first time around and I would be hoping for much more of the same thing.
We can dream can't we.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top