Join for free
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 08:55 PM

Zdenko Turtak

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...substance.html

And guess who is now paying for him to be in prison??
Why couldn't the flipping Slovak's keep him???

Mind you...impressive cooperation between the nations, apart from the horrific crime, the details of his capture are interesting.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 09:38 PM

Re: Zdenko Turtak

I hope they'll be deporting the bastard back to where he came from on his release (unless he gets shivved in the nick with any luck)
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...substance.html

And guess who is now paying for him to be in prison??
Why couldn't the flipping Slovak's keep him???

Mind you...impressive cooperation between the nations, apart from the horrific crime, the details of his capture are interesting.
Hi

A very interesting post, thank you.

The Slovak's could not keep him as the offence was committed here, so tried here.

The UK could do a lot more to get reciprocal prison sentences, very common elsewhere, if we had one, we could have sent him back there to serve his sentence.

It is yet another good reason for tightening up our Borders, not only for people entering, but also for people leaving.

Unfortunately it was the UK who were most opposed to a central database, apparently it would infringe human rights.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 09:44 PM

I saw the report about this on the news tonight. I´m very glad he was caught but as usual the prison sentence doesn´t reflect the crime.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 09:48 PM

Couldn't believe this part of the report

"Turtak had been living in Leeds, on-and-off, for about four years - travelling from his home in Slovakia on the regular Bratislava to Bradford direct bus service. "

Talk about life imitating art..There used to be a joke similar to that when I was in my early teens about having to catch around ten buses to get to Pakistan whereas Pakistanis coming into Britain could get one direct to Bradford. Who knew it would come true.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

20-10-2015, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I saw the report about this on the news tonight. I´m very glad he was caught but as usual the prison sentence doesn´t reflect the crime.
Apparently the victim was a Muslim woman so apart from her suffering at this monster's hands she will most probably be vilified by her community should her identity be revealed. I suspect that an honour killing will take place at the nick.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top