Join for free
Page 20 of 52 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:15 AM

Re: Jerusalem

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
you miss read as usual - I didn't say I wanted to refute it - I might agree with it - I just asked for a reference point - is that so so hard to do ??
It's extremely tedious to go into the history of the religions and not relevant to this discussion, particularly dull are reams of quotes from holy book sources with who begat who, when.

The Abrahamic religions are closely linked and Judaism existed first, Christianity second, Islam third. Do you dispute that?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
annie s

can you provide a reference point for this claim please?
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You can refute it at length if you wish.
Or the short answer: "No"!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:11 AM

It's extremely tedious to go into the history of the religions and not relevant to this discussion, particularly dull are reams of quotes from holy book sources with who begat who, when.

The Abrahamic religions are closely linked and Judaism existed first, Christianity second, Islam third. Do you dispute that?
I would be interested in debating this not for long just a short time SO can you now give me a reference for this above paragraph or are you just making it up as you go along ?

If you are unwilling to do so then we may need to refute anything you have written so far without referencing??

at the moment I am not disputing anything just asking for references which you seem unwilling or incapable of giving??
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 05:05 PM

Instead of focusing on the Hamas minority Israel should be building bridges with those Palestinians (the majority) who do not support it and who want to live peacefully. Rubbing salt in the wound by celebrating this US embassy move is pointless and damaging.
I take it then you have not read the Hamas Charter?

https://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818a.htm
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I take it then you have not read the Hamas Charter?

https://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818a.htm
This was replaced in 2017. It seems your source has archived this doc
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 05:54 PM

This one ?

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...rter-1.5468700

Hamas still wants to replace Israel with a Palestinians state it does not recognise Israel and it just replaces the word Jews with Zionists.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 06:06 PM

***Please stick to the topic in serious sections and leave out the name calling .
Thanks.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

18-05-2018, 06:07 PM

Tel Aviv may be dry in Summer but has a lot of rain in the winter. I went everywhere and there are different climates in different places. But it's definitely not all a desert and that's not all down to irrigation but down to climate. Yes there are some really clever irrigation systems.

Why can't Israel work with Palestine to share these methods? There are plenty of Israelis who sympathise with the situation the Palestinians in Occupied zones are in. There are plenty of Palestinians who have no sympathy for Hamas. You'd think there was a middle ground?

I thought occupied zones are those not recognised as Israel by the international community? When you go there they don't feel Israeli. It's like going to a foreign country but not really....The currency is the USD and not shekels.
What on earth do you mean ?
The Palestinians ( at least those in Israel ) are educated people they have engineers and water experts too!
They go to universities in Israel
Drip irrigation has been around a long time it's used in Jordan. And in every country in the world that has arid regions .
The US dollar is used as acceptable currency in many parts of the world ( most of South America and the Carribean for example)
The Palestinian currency is not the USD people just like to have USD as they are a secure currency .

When Israel withdrew from the Gaza in 2005
They left state of the art greenhouses which were paid for ny philanthropists as a gesture of good will.
Instead of being used they were destroyed .
To be fair many Gazans who had worked in them were horrified at the destruction being aware of their value .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-05-2018, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This one ?

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...rter-1.5468700

Hamas still wants to replace Israel with a Palestinians state it does not recognise Israel and it just replaces the word Jews with Zionists.
You have to subscribe to read that but I saw another version. It's generally a fair bit toned down vs the original. But imo hamas needs to be replaced in order for any progress to be made. They don't represent Palestinians.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

18-05-2018, 06:11 PM

They do in Gaza .
The Gazans voted them into government .
And they have tacit support from many Palestinians except that they don't want to live under their rule !

Page 20 of 52 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top