Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 02:01 PM

Re: Sorry or Glad

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Unfortunately that is the truth. There may well be many who make excuses for these youngsters at every opportunity but I wonder if they would be so forgiving if and when one of these same radicalised youngsters returned home still brainwashed and fooling everyone with their "I made a mistake" excuses, taking part in de-radicalisation classes but all the time laughing at our weaknesses, waiting for the day the government take their eyes off him/her so he/she can do what they had been brainwashed into doing in the first place with their return - go out spraying bullets around their own shopping/town centre before blowing him/herself up!

God forbid that it should ever happen but it could easily. What price forgiveness for them then?I'm sorry but once they leave these shores to join terrorists, their passports should be incinerated !!! I for one do not welcome them back! Age is immaterial. They made their choice. Live or die with it, but not in the UK.
Spot on.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We don't know that she was providing aid to them! I am sure most of the men on here are thinking that their daughter would never do anything like this, but many immature girls do run off to be with a man and end up in dangerous circumstances, so I am suggesting that we shouldn't turn against her when we don't know all the facts.
It's not often I disagree with you Twink but I can't help thinking you're been far too kind and lenient in exonerating the young lady from any blame.
She was bright and intelligent. Old enough to make a considered decision. Not quite in the league of fancying Johnny Depp with his flashing eyes in his sexy pirate outfit though is it.

She was also influenced as you say, which is true,.
If she was that bright why was she swayed by the idea of some handsome hero, future husband, striding around the burning hot desert fighting for his cause like some romantic figure .... instead of a terrorist, a chap with a rifle, an executioner who slit throats and throws gays off rooftops.

Presumably the offal online which recruited her wasn't just your average 'Find a Jihadi Bride' social site, with profile saying .. Hi, I'm Abdul, dark and handsome, owner of a good sense of humour, hobbies include firearms, shooting and desert paint ball war games..
She'd have to be blind to miss the political and extremist element, the media is full of it and young people have access to it all these days.

I'm not sad ...I'm not glad.
But as usual with these threads when the topic is of a death of a high profile person I was tempted,.... but thought better of ... offering my condolences and sympathy to her distraught Isis husband.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Unfortunately that is the truth. There may well be many who make excuses for these youngsters at every opportunity but I wonder if they would be so forgiving if and when one of these same radicalised youngsters returned home still brainwashed and fooling everyone with their "I made a mistake" excuses, taking part in de-radicalisation classes but all the time laughing at our weaknesses, waiting for the day the government take their eyes off him/her so he/she can do what they had been brainwashed into doing in the first place with their return - go out spraying bullets around their own shopping/town centre before blowing him/herself up!

God forbid that it should ever happen but it could easily. What price forgiveness for them then?I'm sorry but once they leave these shores to join terrorists, their passports should be incinerated !!! I for one do not welcome them back! Age is immaterial. They made their choice. Live or die with it, but not in the UK.
Hear hear. But isn't that exactly why they come here? They see us as weak and naive - well, at least a lot of us.

Such people need to grasp the reality of the situation, for all our sakes.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top