Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 01:51 PM

Re: Old People Smell... Do You Dread Getting It?

Originally Posted by summer ->
I smell of Chanel 5 ... always have always will

Seriously just shower everyday and use deodorant, and wash clothes regularly.
Of course..common sense really..old Folk are no different from Young ones..Everyone smells if they don't wash Their bodies and Their clothes regularly.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My son who works with the public says old people smell fausty and of a greasy hair / Greasy body odour , I keep telling him not to be so rude , but he laughs and says but it's true mother .

I recently went to a meeting and there were around 100 oldies in the hall , guess what , I smelt em before I even got in the door .

OMG , I wonder if I do . Plenty of showers and a deluxe body lotion is now priority
Funny thing is you soon get used to it.
Maybe in a severely enclosed place the wrinklies are instinctively SCENTING their part of the lounge
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Heh heh..I bloody well hope not..as long as I can have a shower every day and wash My clothes after wearing them,clean My House regularly,then I won't worry about it.
Lol, me too May. I shower every day, don't wear clothes more than once before washing them. wear clean underwear every day, wash my hair once a week. wear deodorant and body lotion after every shower, and perfume that still makes my eyes water at the price paid for it. I have a pedicure once every 4 weeks (my treat)and a visit to the hairdressers once a month.(okay, another treat).

If I still stink of being "old" after that lot, TOUGH! Live with it. I give up!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Funny thing is you soon get used to it.
Maybe in a severely enclosed place the wrinklies are instinctively SCENTING their part of the lounge
Oh god ... I feel ill now
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ha! they actually did that didn't they and I read the other day that some ladies used to have a sweet little locket hanging from her waist, it contained a dead little animal which was supposed to attract the fleas on her body..... she must have smelled divine
all true, except the bit about me
Robert Jnr.
UK

01-03-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by summer;1357715[B
]Oh god [/B]... I feel ill now
Oh Summer, no need to be so formal........
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Oh Summer, no need to be so formal........
He He!! made me laugh
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
And for those who don't have a bath...
Thanks for the reminder of a classic .....
Here's the video:

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

01-03-2018, 02:21 PM

I love the scene in Mrs Browns Boys where Grandad is sat on the kitchen drainer in his underpants and Mrs Brown is washing him down with spray kitchen cleaner I looked for it on utube but couldn't find it
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Thanks for the reminder of a classic .....
Here's the video:

There's a better 'Steptoe' one than that: - the pickled onion one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7MqB8YkNh4

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top