Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 12:39 PM

Re: Teeth

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Can we talk about teeth ,I've been hanging onto my two upper front for about 4 years .one is so loose I dear not bite with it ,but I'm concerned I might not get on with false ones ,.So can anyone convince me to have them pulled,are false ones comfortable .?
Have you had false ,or are you hanging onto them Or have you had them pulled and are gummy and happy to stay that way .
I look forward to you answers .
I dread the thought of having false teeth and while mine are extensively filled (mostly on the NHS when I lived in UK as a teenager) I still have most of them.

The old mercury based NHS fillings are slowly being replaced by more modern ones but they still seem to work OK. Like most people of my age I am getting a bit 'long in the the tooth' but they hang in there.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 01:43 PM

I take heart in the fact that multiple dentists have told me there was nothing I could have done differently to save my teeth.. Bone loss was going to happen no matter what I did. What is funny is that I do NOT have generalized bone loss. My bone scan was good.. I don't have Osteoporosis.. but for some reason, my jaws did.. and with that came gum recession and tooth loss. Plus.. I don't think anyone went to the dentist more as a kid.. or brushed more.. or flossed more.. It was just in the cards.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 02:00 PM

I think some people just have better teeth etc Audrey, my husband and I have virtually the same hygiene technique with our teeth, he had extensive problems with his teeth and mouth was at the dentist 4 or 5 times a year. Lost them all at 40. I haven't visited a dentist since I was 15 for anything other than a check up and to be told all was well and still have everyone of my teeth with only two fillings done when I was about 13. Shear luck IMO.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 04:02 PM

Ive always had white teeth but weak ones , and a Dentist i went for a second opinion, said either i hadn't cleaned them well or it was my social up bringing.I assured her i brushed frequently and if anything to hard .She also said it can be a genetic thing , I remember an Uncle who had wobbly teeth too and he wasn't too old .i know i didnt like drinking milk at school which is a source of calcium.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 04:32 PM

I find it unfortunate and a bit insulting that people equate bad teeth with poor hygiene.. It simply is not always the case, and it's not fair. I tried very hard to keep my teeth with peridontal work, frequent cleanings, root canals, check ups.. to no avail. When your jawbone is pulling way from you teeth it's kind of hard to keep them. Except in a glass in the bathroom.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 04:35 PM

Very true, my husband as I said had a very similar routine to me, difference is all his family have bad teeth and all mine don't it's pure genetics IMO
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 07:39 PM

I had my 2 front teeth crowned many yeas ago and have since had another 4 crowns done near the 2 front teeth.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I find it unfortunate and a bit insulting that people equate bad teeth with poor hygiene.. It simply is not always the case, and it's not fair. I tried very hard to keep my teeth with peridontal work, frequent cleanings, root canals, check ups.. to no avail. When your jawbone is pulling way from you teeth it's kind of hard to keep them. Except in a glass in the bathroom.

Oh Audrey!!! - not under your pillow at night??? - doesn't the 'tooth fairy come and swop your tooth for a dime or something???
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2013, 05:13 PM

I must be very lucky then because although I had my wisdom teeth out years ago because they were impacted, I have never had any other teeth out, I've still got the lot, and my son's the same. I go for a check up every 6 months and had my first crown fitted recently.
I'd be so terrified if I had to have a tooth out, I know I couldn't let them do it if I was awake and watching them - they'd have to catch me and sit on me first!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2013, 06:32 PM

Well done Mups ,your last sentence made me laugh out loud

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top