Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 05:19 PM

Re: How safe are dishwasher tablets ???

Oh dear - I'm getting worried now.
I cant see the point of putting cups in a dishwasher and then rinsing them afterwards - and drying!!

And what about plates?

I suppose the logical thing to do is put it through a second (short) wash cycle without using a tablet. That would give everything a good rinse.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Oh dear - I'm getting worried now.
I cant see the point of putting cups in a dishwasher and then rinsing them afterwards - and drying!!

And what about plates?

I suppose the logical thing to do is put it through a second (short) wash cycle without using a tablet. That would give everything a good rinse.
Carol I really think that any crockery that is glazed will be fine. I have accidentally used a Finish tablet on my cats porcelain dishes, but it seemed that the unbreakable ones were what caused the problem with my cats... and if they like their dinner they do lick it clean.
If there had been any serious risk I am sure somebody would have attempted to sue Finish... so don't worry.
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

10-06-2017, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have no proof but I believe that the Finish tablets may have left a residue on the children's style dishes,
I do remember being warned that touching the actual dishwasher tablet should be followed by washing your hands. The Tablets can have some harmful stuff in them which disolves in the dishwasher allegedly.

I've no idea about using the childrens style dishes.

Always try not to touch the actual Tablet, and if so wash hands with soap straight afterwards.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Hi

This is what is in your Fairy Dishwasher tablets.

http://www.express-cleaning-supplies...1742%20new.pdf

No different really to any other.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:06 PM

Cats can be allergic to all sorts of chemical - some more than others. I wash their dishes with fairy liquid then scald them out with clean boiling water.

I wouldn't have a dishwasher - it was suggested when I had the kitchen refitted - but when weighing up pros and cons it seemed safer to stick to washing by hand - so I opted for an extra cupboard instead. The cats are happy about that as it houses their food !!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This is what is in your Fairy Dishwasher tablets.

http://www.express-cleaning-supplies...1742%20new.pdf

No different really to any other.
Thanks Swim, I know you are right but the Fairy ones are liquid and the Finish ones aren't so I just wondered if they could be leaving any residue on the plastic plates. It was amazing that all 3 cats stopped vomiting as soon as I went back to the Fairy ones.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

10-06-2017, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Cats can be allergic to all sorts of chemical - some more than others. I wash their dishes with fairy liquid then scald them out with clean boiling water.

I wouldn't have a dishwasher - it was suggested when I had the kitchen refitted - but when weighing up pros and cons it seemed safer to stick to washing by hand - so I opted for an extra cupboard instead. The cats are happy about that as it houses their food !!
I do too now Silver Tabby, but humans still get the plates washed in the disghwasher.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:42 PM

I use ecover dishwasher tablets but the rinse aid is sainsburys and I often find myself rinsing certain things before using them because I don't like the idea of eating that filmy coating.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top