Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Re: Brexit, what a mess we are in.

Seriously.........all this depressing talk from the oldsters, let us hope what mess we have left can be sorted out by the Corbyn voting younger generation.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Seriously.........all this depressing talk from the oldsters, let us hope what mess we have left can be sorted out by the Corbyn voting younger generation.
They're the ones who caused it, or at least contributed to it.

Let the buggers sort it themselves when they've grown up and developed some responsibility.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I sometimes wish that Comrade Corbyn could have a go a running the country... into the ground..
Mebbe. But at least we'd have a couple of years of respite. Since May has brought Gove back into play, we're all doomed anyway, so we might as well enjoy life while we can and bugger the consequences.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:40 AM

Why oh why did she listen to Rasputin and his side-kick and call for an election? She was at the top, people liked and respected her, had confidence in her, admired her stance in batting for Britain in the forthcoming negotiations. She had it all in the bag with a majority (albeit a small one). Yes, she had the b.....s coming at her from all sides, The SNP, Libdems, Labour, The EU, The left-wing BBC, Momentum, Gina Millar, The Lords, even the Supreme Court! but she had overcome them all and was well on her way to the negotiating table.

Stupid, stupid woman!! you ruined it all.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Why oh why did she listen to Rasputin and his side-kick and call for an election? She was at the top, people liked and respected her, had confidence in her, admired her stance in batting for Britain in the forthcoming negotiations. She had it all in the bag with a majority (albeit a small one). Yes, she had the b.....s coming at her from all sides, The SNP, Libdems, Labour, The EU, The left-wing BBC, Momentum, Gina Millar, The Lords, even the Supreme Court! but she had overcome them all and was well on her way to the negotiating table.

Stupid, stupid woman!! you ruined it all.
I completely agree. I had visions of a second Margaret Thatcher; a strong woman rather than a collection of wimpy men.

If she hadn't called another GE, I think she'd have had enough support to obtain a good Brexit.

Alternatively, if she'd called a GE but been as 'honest' as Corbyn and promised everyone everything they could have wished for (like he did), I'm sure she could have obtained a bigger majority.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I completely agree. I had visions of a second Margaret Thatcher; a strong woman rather than a collection of wimpy men.

If she hadn't called another GE, I think she'd have had enough support to obtain a good Brexit.

Alternatively, if she'd called a GE but been as 'honest' as Corbyn and promised everyone everything they could have wished for (like he did), I'm sure she could have obtained a bigger majority.
Unfortunately it was the fact that she appeared so strong that made her call the election. She needed to demonstrate that she was a strong leader and not just a substitute for Cameron.

Her advisers were her biggest error and it was a bit too late to sack them now. Don't forget that Mrs May and many of her cabinet ministers have money and probably wanted to stay in the EU. Losing her majority means she remains PM but she now has a good reason if Brexit turns out to be a disaster. In the last 25-30 years , I have never been able to trust a politician, they are in the job to get what they can for themselves.
Perhaps we should hook them up to a lie detector when they make their speeches.
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

12-06-2017, 03:52 PM

sorted out by the Corbyn voting younger generation.
We need to find someone with experience in sorting out a mess of this magnitude. That's right there isn't anyone.

Surely we can all clearly see where we are going.

General Election, General Election, General Election, ditto until - The country has voted back in. (possibly because the original out voters get tired of voting).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 04:27 PM

I'm sure Nigel could do the job and get us the best deal.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 05:43 PM

How on earth could anyone trust May with negotiating a deal when she couldn't face her the electorate on TV against an apparently lame dog Labour leader ?

That ought to have been easy compared to what she wanted us to trust her with.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 06:12 PM

How on earth could anyone trust May with negotiating a deal when she couldn't face her the electorate on TV against an apparently lame dog Labour leader ?

That ought to have been easy compared to what she wanted us to trust her with.
Hi

Negotiating is totally different to sound bite TV.

The people on the other side of the table are far more astute and far less gullible.

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top