Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:55 AM

Who will replace Teresa May ?

Boris ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7780831.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:56 AM

Re: Who will replace Teresa May ?

Amber Rudd
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:58 AM

Nobody...
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...22#post1169822

Originally Posted by Meg
It is a terrible election result for all the country made worse by opportunist politicians and speculating media trying to make capitol out of it.

What we don't need now is 'groundhog day' another leadership election to replace May and another election to give that person a mandate. It could go on forever while all the time the Article 50 clock is ticking

May needs to stand firm for now , she should on present figures have a majority with the DUP votes.
We need to get on with the EU negotiations now.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:03 AM

The knives are being sharpened, Osborne had a grin like Cheshire cat.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:09 AM

I welcome her statement that she will not resign although, to be honest, I am now worried that Brexit may not now happen or, if it does, it may cost us dear.

Without a strong leadership with the support of a clear majority in the Commons, and with the distinct possibility of Labour opposing a 'strong Brexit', it is quite likely that we shall end up making all sorts of concessions to the EU demands: payment of ridiculously high 'exit fees' and open borders to admit even more jihadists.

Should that happen I fear that this country will be lost.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:12 AM

I welcome her statement that she will not resign although, to be honest, I am now worried that Brexit may not now happen or, if it does, it may cost us dear.
It was always going to be like that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:25 AM

Hi

Theresa May is now fatally wounded going into Brexit, she has not got the backing she asked the voters for.

Merkel, Juncker and Co know this and will be even more ruthless in the negotiations.

This is not in our best interests as a country, it will cost us money.

A hung parliament is already costing us money, the £ has fallen, pressure on the interest rates we have to pay.

May has made a series of huge political mistakes in the campaign, the terror attacks, her legacy as Home Secretary in slashing budgets, was seized upon by Labour.

She had no response to it.

Who will replace her?

Hopefully not Boris.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Without a strong leadership with the support of a clear majority in the Commons, and with the distinct possibility of Labour opposing a 'strong Brexit', it is quite likely that we s
hall end up making all sorts of concessions to the EU demands: payment of ridiculously high 'exit fees' and open borders to admit even more jihadists.

Should that happen I fear that this country will be lost.
JB I am afraid 'we are where we are now' and we can't go back to a previous strong position.

Looks like we don't have many chess players among our politicians who look at every possible consequence of their actions before making a move

I would still like to press ahead with the negotiations, I can't see them becoming any easier with a longer delay/different leader or any other team in the negotiating seat.
And we still have David Davis as the helm with the negotiations so all is not lost
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:17 AM

I couldn't believe last time how many highly respected commentators wanted Boris last time.

He is totally unsuitable. Some people see him as a likable clown. That isn't qualification to be Prime Minister.

I've long thought David Davis is the very best choice for the Tories but they choose Cameron, of course. But he doesn't seem interested (since then) and he is lead man on the vital Brexit project.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I couldn't believe last time how many highly respected commentators wanted Boris last time.

He is totally unsuitable. Some people see him as a likable clown. That isn't qualification to be Prime Minister.
Hi

Trump and Boris?

A total disaster for the Western World.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top