Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

14-06-2017, 10:28 AM

Bucket List

Assuming your in good health - What's on your Bucket List now you've made it past the big 50?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 12:52 PM

Re: Bucket List

I did make a bucket list a few years ago but I can only remember two of the items I put on there! One was to see a West End show and the other to dance to the sound of the Wurlitzer at Blackpool Tower Ballroom, which I last did when on holiday there when I was 16. Well a visit to Blackpool last week enabled me to achieve this, it was amazing and I'd love to do it again sometime.

Need to put my thinking cap on now but nothing too energetic!

What's on your list matchpoint?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 01:12 PM

I don't have , and never will have a bucket list. If there was something I really wanted to do, I would have made the effort and done it by now.
I never see the point of writing down a list of possible achievements before I die... isn't that like saying your life hasn't been as good as you would have liked it to be?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 01:28 PM

I think I agree with you twink, we've tended to do what ever we wanted over the years, modest wants but I've not got more than a couple of things I'd like to make sure I achieve now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 01:39 PM

I would never make a bucket list, to me it sounds more like "the end is nigh"
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 04:07 PM

Well yes I take on board what you say Twink, Julie and Mags but I think there's nothing wrong with having a few things that you'd still like to do or achieve, whether you keep them in your mind or written down. I'm wondering how many times I've said I'd like to do something or go somewhere and then completely forgotten about it. These days I have to rely on notes and lists!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 04:18 PM

...to make it past the big 80...
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

14-06-2017, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->

What's on your list matchpoint?
I never made a list..
so mainly the things i wanted to do I've been able carry out over the past 6 years. Travelling to places I enjoy and then returning the next year.

I guess theres one which is doing the East Coast of USA.
However I'm in no rush.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 06:35 PM

I have been very ill for a couple of years but getting better slowly, but it has made me review my list of things I would like to do as theres now things i cannot do like my holiday to Marrakesh got cancelled but....
I would like to visit Avebury Stone Circle, York, Salisbury Cathedral and Warminster (UFO hotspot)
Learn to swim.
Make some friends rather than trying to convince myself I'm not lonely.
Visit Glastonbury my spiritual home.
Learn how to waltz
Get a dog.
Learn to play my electric guitar which just sits there unused.
Try riding a motorbike or scooter.
Go somewhere to try to find fossils
Learn how to ride a horse.
Buy a decent telescope so I can look to the heavens.

All pretty pathetic I know
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I have been very ill for a couple of years but getting better slowly, but it has made me review my list of things I would like to do as theres now things i cannot do like my holiday to Marrakesh got cancelled but....
I would like to visit Avebury Stone Circle, York, Salisbury Cathedral and Warminster (UFO hotspot)
Learn to swim.
Make some friends rather than trying to convince myself I'm not lonely.
Visit Glastonbury my spiritual home.
Learn how to waltz
Get a dog.
Learn to play my electric guitar which just sits there unused.
Try riding a motorbike or scooter.
Go somewhere to try to find fossils
Learn how to ride a horse.
Buy a decent telescope so I can look to the heavens.

All pretty pathetic I know
Oh I don't know, you have already achieved the highlighted one by joining us on here.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top