Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 11:15 AM

Re: Have you ever just gone to bed in the middle of the day?

Yes I do. More so at the moment as I'm feeling absolutely whacked some days. I was talking to my son about it and he admitted the even he at 37 sometimes has a little nap in the afternoon.

I think if your body tells you its tired and you are able to go for a nap it probably does you good rather than carrying on regardless.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 12:23 PM

Some days I do if I've been over doing things, but only for a couple of hours or I'd not sleep at night..
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 05:32 PM

Oh, I still manage to sleep at night after an afternoon sleep. I do tend to stay up longer, though.

Last night I didn't go to bed 'til 1am but still slept 'til 10.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 06:46 PM

The only time I go to bed in the daytime is if I am ill.
I sometimes doze off in the chair when I'm reading but don't sleep for long.

But I would certainly go to bed if I was worn out. No point fighting what your body is telling you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Have you ever just gone to bed in the middle of the day?
Even though you slept the previous night?
Regularly, even though I'm a youngster.

I almost always have a 'siesta' in the late afternoon, unless we are out somewhere.

I automatically wake up after between an hour-and-a-quarter and an hour-and-a-half.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:33 PM

I nap a lot, morning, noon, afternoon not so much in the evenings.
This morning at about 11 I was so tired I just nodded off on the bed halfway through putting winter clothes away (hopefully).
Chronic Fatigue is getting on my pickle, I have so much to sort out and unpack. Going shopping yesterday wiped me out.
I think most folk over 50 get more tired, everything slows down.
Best not to worry though, just do anything tomorrow or the next day that needs doing!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:51 PM

Even when I was a young man I always came home from work at lunchtime and had a short sleep. Usually with my arms around the children while we watched 'The Woodentops'.

Well, The Woodentops are not on any more and the children are long past the 'arms around' stage but the tradition of the lunchtime doze has never ended.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 03:35 AM

I have never gone to bed during the day but I often fall asleep when sitting down and reading or solving the the world's problems.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 05:16 AM

I can't sleep anywhere except in bed, it's rare I ever sleep in the afternoon, having said that I might hopefully take a nap this afternoon because can I eckers like sleep right now!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have never gone to bed during the day but I often fall asleep when sitting down and reading or solving the the world's problems.
On the contrary, I'm sure that most Australians sleep during the day.

The reason, of course, is that when it is daytime here it is night time in Australia!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top