Join for free
Page 41 of 63 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 > Last »
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2015, 02:32 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

Off to see "Pitch Perfect 2" with my daughter and grandaughters tomorrow.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 08:45 AM

The way we were, wasn't Robert Redford beautiful !!
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 07:05 PM

Just got back from seeing the film "Pitch Perfect"2 it was brilliant as funny as the first.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 10:27 PM

I also thought 'Pitch Perfect' was an enjoyable funny film too but a little slow in places if I remember rightly.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 10:35 PM

Ex Machina

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470752/

A young programmer is selected to participate in a breakthrough experiment in artificial intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a breathtaking female A.I.
Thought provoking film where it's strengths lie not in the special effects but in the clever dialogue and character developments, along with a few unexpected twists in the plot.

The 'robot' is being tested to see whether it can pass the 'Turin Test' ...

The Turing test is a test of a machine's ability to exhibit intelligent behavior equivalent to, or indistinguishable from, that of a human.
which it undoubtedly does.

Number of issues raise their heads with regard to life like robots, one of which is sexual attraction. Still, this isn't new as there are already lifelike manikins used for exactly that: sexual satisfaction.

Overall a clever film with good acting but one that is more subtle making viewers think at the time but also to contemplate on what the future holds with regard to us and 'them': 'them' being the robots that will exist all to soon.

Worth watching but not an exciting film.

jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 08:41 AM

We went to see Testament to Youth based on Vera Britton's experiences during WWI One of the most moving films I've seen for a long time. Don't usually cry in films but I did in this one. Beautifully filmed and great cast.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

18-05-2015, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
We went to see Testament to Youth based on Vera Britton's experiences during WWI One of the most moving films I've seen for a long time. Don't usually cry in films but I did in this one. Beautifully filmed and great cast.
Will have to try and catch that one.
Marj
England

18-05-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I also thought 'Pitch Perfect' was an enjoyable funny film too but a little slow in places if I remember rightly.

"Fat Amy" was absolutely brill
KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 01:19 PM

i watched "ex machina" and found it rather scary (in the same way that "gone girl" was)
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
I'm sure it is a fantastic film but I knew I wouldn't be able to cope with it after reading Vera Brittain's absolutely fabulous book

Our latest film was A Royal Night Out, based on the Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret having an adventure when they are 'let out' on VE night.

It's very funny, very silly but a good 90 minutes enjoyment. If you like the wonderful Roger Allam you will love him as the proprietor of a Soho dive who is absolutely purring to find he is hosting P2 (Princess Margaret) "I've never had a princess in my knocking shop before"

I think it is only very loosely 'based' on fact!

Page 41 of 63 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top