Join for free
Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 02:48 PM

Re: The UK should pay closer attention

Originally Posted by Dextrous ->
Possibly. But since we decide based upon what others tell us and the credibility we feel these people have (or don't have), then do we really ignore how much personality one has?
Did 'we' I didn't....
Dextrous
Manchester
Dextrous is male 

26-12-2016, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Did we I didn't....
Where did you get your information to form an opinion from then?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous ->
Where did you get your information to form an opinion from then?
...personal observations and experiences over many years
...I voted not to continue our membership of the Common Market in 1975 after Heath took us in 1973. That was before it became the EU and what I consider to be a cesspit of corruption and stupidity so I really didn't need anyone telling me anything. I can think for myself.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 03:01 PM

...I voted not to continue our membership of the Common Market in 1975 after Heath took us in 1973. That was before it became the EU and what I consider to be a cesspit of corruption and stupidity so I really didn't need anyone telling me anything. I can think for myself.
So can I.
Dextrous
Manchester
Dextrous is male 

26-12-2016, 03:19 PM

I stand corrected then.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 03:30 PM

I agree Meg! I was prepared to give the Common Market a chance, but having seen the changes over the years I decided that " The states of Europe" was not a country I would choose to live in. My vote to leave was based on my desire for my country to control its own decisions, not be controlled by 27 other countries!
We can all think for ourselves, but the result of leaving won't decide who was wrong and who was right... only the future conduct of the EU and an independent Great Britain will prove that. Only somebody who can see into the future will know the right decision..... and no matter how many experts are found, nobody can see into the future!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We can all think for ourselves, but the result of leaving won't decide who was wrong and who was right... only the future conduct of the EU and an independent Great Britain will prove that.
Whatever happens, and I'm sick and tired of the remainiacs assuring us that we have made the wrong decision. The important thing is that as an independent country again our government is elected by us. If they fail to deliver, they are out.
Conversely, in the EU we have absolutely no say in which laws are imposed on us and who imposes them on us.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Funny thing is, I have not seen Flicker or anyone else spouting anti UK vitriol
but I have seen plenty thrown in the other direction.
Absolutely dead right, Purwell !

Of course, there will always be those who perceive any view other than their own as some sort of personal attack.
Or that the other person must automatically be wrong and/or ill-motivated.
And they react accordingly - which is really quite sad.

Those same folk will often say that they don't 'need' anyone telling them anything, that they can think for themselves.
Refusing to even consider the views of others is often a sure sign that that they do need to do so and cannot effectively think for themselves.

Can we not hear the radical Muslim, the nutty creationists, the racists, or even the Trumps of this world, saying exactly that same thing ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 04:57 PM

I am sick and tired if the leavers telling us they have made the right decision when in truth they don't have a clue.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Whatever happens, and I'm sick and tired of the remainiacs assuring us that we have made the wrong decision. The important thing is that as an independent country again our government is elected by us. If they fail to deliver, they are out.
Conversely, in the EU we have absolutely no say in which laws are imposed on us and who imposes them on us.
To be fair JBR, I am sure that we are all tired of the remainiacs telling us we have made the wrong decision, but the best way to deal with that is to totally ignore them. We have all made the decision we feel was right and nothing is going to change the referendum result, so why argue about it? If the remain people notice that they are getting us to respond to their comments, they will think they are winning a battle.
I am convinced that I made the right decision and nothing they say will change that belief. If the rest of the leave voters feel the same, then I suggest that you completely ignore all the opposing opinions, by completely ignoring their posts. They will have nobody to argue with if we all do that, and that is all they can do, argue, because nothing any of us say will now change the course of events!

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top