Join for free
Page 330 of 1676 « First < 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 830 1330 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 11:30 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I'm so glad to hear your bowels are better Gummy, sure there's nothing as bad as a slack bowel, so I'm told, I eat lots of fresh fruit so I have no problems in that department thank God.
The missus and me are off to a wedding on the posh side of the city, it's at 2.30pm and the Phyllistein is all excited about it, it's one of her favourite nieces and she's marrying a Spanish bloke who ownes a lot of property on the South side, she knows her Spanish onions that one, he ain't short of a bob or two I can tell ya. Plenty of free champayne and the best of grub, I'll be out of place drinking me Guinness, to hell with them, be yourself that's what I always say.
Cheers lads.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 03:19 PM

have fun chum and tell us all about it!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I'm so glad to hear your bowels are better Gummy, sure there's nothing as bad as a slack bowel, so I'm told, I eat lots of fresh fruit so I have no problems in that department thank God.
The missus and me are off to a wedding on the posh side of the city, it's at 2.30pm and the Phyllistein is all excited about it, it's one of her favourite nieces and she's marrying a Spanish bloke who ownes a lot of property on the South side, she knows her Spanish onions that one, he ain't short of a bob or two I can tell ya. Plenty of free champayne and the best of grub, I'll be out of place drinking me Guinness, to hell with them, be yourself that's what I always say.
Cheers lads.
TOUCAN? what was that all about then?

IT LOOKS GOOD
IY TASTES GOOD
AND BY GOLLY
IT DOES YOU GOOD

Bless you Bernard Miles.

PPS
Have you tried GUINNNESS WITH TONIC?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 09:21 PM

I prefer Tinny, to Canny, maybe that is Uncanny.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 10:25 PM

yes but just watch where ya swingin that concrete cutter spittie

there once was a man with a slab
of concrete it was drivin im mad
it was gettin thicker and thicker
and thicker and thicker
and thicker and thicker how sad!

can I borrow ya concrete cutter spittie when ya've finished slicin up the place - cut it like a marzipan cake is missus said!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
TOUCAN? what was that all about then?

IT LOOKS GOOD
IY TASTES GOOD
AND BY GOLLY
IT DOES YOU GOOD

Bless you Bernard Miles.

PPS
Have you tried GUINNNESS WITH TONIC?
Sacrilege! I can honestly say with my hand on my heart RJ that I have never contaminated the sacred black holy water in me life, it's a mortal sin to interfer with or add anything to a well pulled pint of Guinness, it requires nothing but itself. Well so said Father O'Rourke who told us all at a sodality meeting when I was a teenager. He also advised against taking the pledge at an early age, his bellowing voice still rings in me ears to the present day.
'Boys' he says 'It's like this, Guinness is the best employer Ireland ever had, creates more tax than any other company, it keeps the country well oiled and going, if it wasn't for Guinness followed by Players and Wills we'd all be walking around with no shoes on our feet and no food in our bellies, we'd be depending on handouts from pagan England, so if you have to take the pledge wait until you are at least 70, I beseech you lads, think of the women and children before you commit yourselves'.
Bless his dear heart, I followed his advice and lived happily ever after, and comforted in the knowledge that all along the way I was helping starving women and children while making my country prosperous.
I remember one St. Patricks day in the local, we had a new fancy barman who could pull a pint then round it off with a well shaped shamrock on the head of it, Paddy McMahon, a regular, was waiting inpatiently at the counter for his pint when the new fella topped it off with the shamrock, Paddy's face was livid 'What the f... did ya do to me head ya gobshite, if I want a weed on me pint I'll ask for one'. Ever since that day whenever Paddy ordered a pint the rest of us would get it up for him by singing 'That Dear Little Shamrock' he'd be like a bull, he was always a cranky old git anyway. I did feel sorry for the young barman, alright for the tourists I suppose, but as any true gentleman will tell you, showing off in modest company ye must not.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-10-2017, 04:30 PM

what a lovely story Jem it reminds me I don't know why of travelling around the lovely Emerald Isle with me brother and his wife and mine back in 2000 i think. ah so many lovely memories starting from arriving on the big ship from Holyhead at Don Lourighe. place was packed to the gunnawls couldn't find a spot anywhere to stay but the good landlady who we'd tried at made a few calls and sure enough we got one well two actually for all four of us. caught the train bit like the underground to dublin and the partying started. Place was chocker bloc but everywhere cheerful and friendly.

later that evening when we'd arrived back and the ladies had retired for some reason the bros and I headed down the road and found a wee travellers bar not to full but as the evening ensued it became chocker bloc - smoke filled atmosphere whereas in dublin they'd banned smoking in the pubs

we were wedged in the corner and it was getting a struggle to get to the bar sometimes when this lovely barman came over to us and said listen lads if ya drinkin the same drinks when ya need another just put ya hand up and you'll catch me eye and I'll bring ya drinks over - there was a steady flow all evening.

we walked into another bar further south later in the week - it was empty and as I approached the bar there was a guy filling up pint after pint after pint of guiness - what can I get ya he asked - well a few pints of guiness says I but ya don't need to pull so many I'm only after three!

he smiled knowingly [ another daft bugger heh] he said see that clock over there well when the clock strikes six they'll be streaming in here all after a guiness and sure enough we just got ours in time!

we kissed the blarney stone at some point and found the prettiest town in Ireland and everywhere we went there was good food and guiness and I never saw a gun drawn once!

I apologize for the spelling but me Irish is not quite up to scratch and me coming from the capitall of Ireland [Liverpool] and I have changed the names to protect the innocent.

since that holiday my dear bros who was the chief navigator has departed this mortal coil and I still can't accept it or believe it and his dear widow lives between Spain and Britain and can't make up her mind what to do. anyone wanna buy a cheap spanish villa in a quaint spanish village?

yes we dashed around ireland that year and loved every minute of it and I discovered that my little brother had become a big man at last!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 05:59 PM

Wonderful memories lads, just wonderful.

Keep typing them before we all go GAGA
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-10-2017, 06:17 PM

Sorry to hear about your brother Gummy, I can understand that kind of loss having lost me own brother several years ago, we were very close.

I was just looking at Spittys new project thread, and yes I do remember his last project, followed it with great interest and I wish him every success in this venture, he's a very determined chap when he gets his teeth into a job, won't give up no matter how many obstructions get in his way, Spitfire the Grinder he's known as around his neck of the woods, many's the night he spent on the tiles, I won't interfer just leave him alone to get on with it, he's not just a Spitty face you know.

Just Home from his job when he gets a gentle reminder
'More work to be done lad, so get out with your grinder'
And out he waddles to the old back yard
His knees are weak but his hands are hard
A few inches off this and a few more off that
Check with the spirit level to see that it's flat
A naked bulb lights his weary toil
And his trousers are covered in garden soil
Midnight strikes in the old clock tower
Then in for supper and a well earned shower.
A glass of milk and one lone cookie
Bed, sleep, he's too knackered for nookie.

Good man Spitty, go on ya good thing!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-10-2017, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
have fun chum and tell us all about it!
I ony had two pints of Guinness at the wedding on Monday, they weren't the best, they never are in posh hotels, I ended up drinking a vintage Spanish port on the reccomendation of an old Spanish lady, a relation of the groom, it was called Royal Oporto and the vintage was 1996, the family had brought several bottles of it in just in case the hotel didn't stock it, they didn't, it was terrific stuff and boy could she drink it, anyway It pays to drink the expensive stuff, especially if it's free, because I hadn't a trace of a hangover next morning, nice if you could afford the old Oporto 1996 every night, the other half was as sick as a dog next morning from the lagar she drank, but she wouldn't listen to me and take a drop of port instead. You never get good draught in a swanky hotel, not much demand on it and lying too long in the barrel.
We all had a great time and fair play to the bride and groom, I wish them every happiness, they're off to Argentina for the honeymoon.

Women are far better at describing weddings Gummy, I don't really care for them, all dolled up in a suit and as stiff as a plank until you get a few down you, then I usually loosen me collar and make an eejit of meself on the dance floor, I'd sooner have a good wake, more casual and nobody cares what you wear.

I can't get the spell checker working on this PC, but I had to smile when I looked back at the first typing of the above post, here's what the line was before I corrected it
'they're off to Argentina for the hornymoon' God forgive me.

Page 330 of 1676 « First < 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 830 1330 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top