Join for free
Page 71 of 370 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:21 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Whether it’s arthritis or not, it happens and we don’t get stronger forevermore; we reach a limit eventually. But we improvise with what we’ve got and life goes on.
True words Floydy. There does come a time when fitness levels wane but we can still be a fit older person.

Because we keep up some exercise, fitness levels will often be greater than that of a younger person who doesn't exercise very much ..and you'll nearly always have more energy than people of your own age group.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good man, Mart for completing this ride. I couldn't do that right now I'm sure with my knees! (And you're 20 years further on than me!)
I hope your knees improve Floydy. Maybe cycling could work for you because there's no jarring of the knee joints involved. Gears mean that the leg muscles and joints don't have to be put though too much pressure.

Talking about 20 years, it was about that long ago when I got a push-bike for local travel, exercise and recreational purposes. Wow! those 20 years have passed too quickly for my liking. I'm pleased I can still ride some distance though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
True words Floydy. There does come a time when fitness levels wane but we can still be a fit older person.

Because we keep up some exercise, fitness levels will often be greater than that of a younger person who doesn't exercise very much ..and you'll nearly always have more energy than people of your own age group.

I hope your knees improve Floydy. Maybe cycling could work for you because there's no jarring of the knee joints involved. Gears mean that the leg muscles and joints don't have to be put though too much pressure.

Talking about 20 years, it was about that long ago when I got a push-bike for local travel, exercise and recreational purposes. Wow! those 20 years have passed too quickly for my liking. I'm pleased I can still ride some distance though.
I've amalgamated your two posts for my reply quote, Mart. Very well thought out words, bud

I'm thinking that my knee problems have arisen after taking too long a break from exercising, what with all my house renovation and then not having the time to get to the gym as often I I used to do.

True, many people do not train at all and have very few physical issues, but I'm thinking that if you are used to doing something and then suddenly stop, your body becomes confused. Does that make sense?

I'm making myself believe that because at present and after a few good return training sessions, I'm feeling much fitter and the knees are far less jittery! Keep on exercising and looking after our bodies I say!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 02:45 PM

Circumstances change and I found myself with a some spare time early this afternoon, so what better way than to sweat it out with an extra gym session.
I noticed my upper chest and shoulder areas needed the most work so I decided to put that right…

Saturday 26/8/17

Pec dec:
20x40
12x50
10x60
8x70
15x35
*About a month ago I decided to ditch the pec dec as I’ve never really found it does that very much for me. After watching a YouTube video yesterday showing a better technique than I normally do, I returned to it and it really hit the spot. The side of the pecs ended up really feeling like I’d done some graft. Next time I’ll spend a bit longer, and go heavier on this.

Chest press:
6x70
6x80
6x90
5x100
20x40
*Low, slow reps on this to maximise the weight.

Shoulder press:
5x80
4x90
15x40
15x30
*Disappointed with these tbh. I was hoping on reaching the 100 again today, guess the triceps are still in shock from all their hard work yesterday!

Smith seated 60° press:
6x40
6x40
6x40
6x30

Smith lying push press, c/g, 15° bench:
8x40
8x40
8x40
6x50
15x30

Triceps pulldown, c/g:
12x59
9x71
6x77
7x83
15x41
*Still feeling very strong in the tri’s, shame the shoulder press couldn’t match this performance.

Ab crunch:
100x35 high reps

Rope pulldown, splaying at bottom:
20x20
*Quick blast on my way to get changed!

Time: 1 hour.

Well pleased with myself on doing this extra session today. Definitely feeling much better in myself now I’m back at it properly.
Okay, it’s the Challenge Cup final kick off in 20 minutes, so I’d better get my skates on! Rock gig tonight too.

Thanks for reading
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

26-08-2017, 08:05 PM

A four mile brisk walk today.

A man about the same age as me was walking the same route. Unusually, he was walking as fast as me but on the footpath the other side of the road. I'm sure he was keeping an eye on me the same as I was keeping an eye on him.

It struck me as funny because we could both have started walking faster and faster until we were a couple of old fellers running full-tilt along the footpaths trying to stay ahead of each other.

I was sort of glad when he turned off and went down a side road.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 11:03 PM

Mart, I love this story. Sometimes I'm tempted to race against my reflection in the windows I run past, or the shadow I leave on the ground. After all, that reflection looks much, much older and slower than me .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

26-08-2017, 11:32 PM

Every time I look in the mirror I see this old person looking back. I've no idea who he is.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 12:36 AM

Funny, Mart!

Well, I skipped all things running, cycling and othewise to surf a bit. It was fun but quite powerful so I didn't stay out long. I'll try to load a recent photo to my album.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

28-08-2017, 04:15 AM

Pure enjoyment surfing today with my daughter...but I noticed something...for the first time in years I am having mild pangs of apprehension when paddling into the waves and the waves lift me up for the drop. Twice I pulled back...and had to will myself to shut that side of my brain down. Once we had been out a while, I loosened up and quelled that voice, but I know that one day....

Even so, we were still enjoying the hurricane swell (and celebrating her good health) with cool north breezes called offshores that made the waves stand up glassy and smooth.

Like most places in the world, Sundays are family days on the beach. How pleasing it was to look down the miles of quartzite sand and see brightly paneled beach umbrellas dotting the shoreline and children running in and out of the surf!

Late in the day, my running went a bit more confidently than the surfing did, although I must confess that after doing step aerobics early and then surfing, running in the sand felt a bit like running in wet concrete. It was no surprise that no one put a medal around my neck when I stumbled my final steps home, practically needing someone to carry me inside. The snacking done since has been deplorable .

I figured out how to post a somewhat blurry photo to my album but shall spare the general forum audience ...and so I can delete it in short order.

Tomorrow, someone needs a recovery and salad day.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

29-08-2017, 07:53 AM

A 10 mile bike ride yesterday. A good day for it because the weather was nice. Sunny and pretty hot.

Page 71 of 370 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top