Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 12:42 AM

Re: It's -7 outside bad for rough sleepers

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
As I tentatively raise my head from behind the sofa to comment on this topic. Isn't it a pity both Labour when in office, and Tories now, didn't take control of many Brownfield sites and erect thousands of Prefabs as they did in the early 50's. I had a friend who lived in one and it was lovely and warm, cosy, had all amenities, and perfect for families. Why can't they do the same now for the homeless?
Well Said shropshiregirl. You are absolutely right.

Many of these Prefabs are still the Bristol area and are more then 60 years old. but all have been modernised with Central Heating and Double Glazing. All have small gardens too.

The proud owners would never leave. and as you say as you say they cold erect thousands on Brownfield Sites.
It needs someone with common sense to be the 'Housing Minister'
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Perhaps if they stopped sending foreign aid to places like Mozambique who received £55m so that its president could buy himself a £7m private jet?

There are plenty more examples of the abuse of foreign aid - these should be investigated thoroughly and stopped if abuse of the money is found. It should (if any IMO) be given to the most deserving cases, not where some governments and or dignitaries can syphon it off for their own use.
This is a scandal and condoned by the Government
The D I P Department is very very inefficient.and the management should all be sacked for misusing Tax Payers Money.

They would rather give our money away to non deservesers
than help the desperately needy of this Country.

Shameful when M P's are all living in large homes or mansions and many have two homes.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The clash of the ideologues! Grow up, it's like listening to children squabbling.

Being homeless doesn't mean "living on the streets". I have no doubt there are plenty of homeless people couch surfing or living in their cars (which seems to be where a lot of homeless women with kids initially end up).

I also am sure that a number of the people currently living on the streets have mental illness and would once have been in institutions that the government of the day closed in favour of small group homes the latter of which they then conveniently forgot to build.
Hmmm care in the community ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Grrrr..I'm raging! I have had enough! I'll never help anyone again. EVER!! Either I'm too kindhearted, too stupid, or too gullible!! Out of the kindness of me heart and because it was so cold outside yesterday, I took a man into me home. Felt so sorry for him. Poor thing was frozen stiff, I had to carry him in. This morning he just vanished. Not a word, not even "goodbye" or "thank you" for sheltering him!! The last straw? I realized he had peed all over the living room floor!
Like SERIOUSLY That's the "thank you" i get for being good to people?
Now I'm going to warn me friends/family to watch out for him! He is heavy set, and he's wearing nothing but a scarf. He has a nose that looks like a carrot, 2 black eyes and his arms are so skinny they look like sticks!! Don't bring him into your house! What a huge mess he made on our floor but he did leave me his scarf! He goes by the name of Frosty.

Sorry, I thought I would lighten the topic up a bit, something I found on Facebook

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The clash of the ideologues! Grow up, it's like listening to children squabbling.

Being homeless doesn't mean "living on the streets". I have no doubt there are plenty of homeless people couch surfing or living in their cars (which seems to be where a lot of homeless women with kids initially end up).

I also am sure that a number of the people currently living on the streets have mental illness and would once have been in institutions that the government of the day closed in favour of small group homes the latter of which they then conveniently forgot to build.
That's exactly what happened here in the U.S.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's exactly what happened here in the U.S.
I am afraid it has happened to a greater or lesser degree in many OECD countries. A well meant idea left in the hands of penny pinching pollies.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

14-12-2017, 07:29 PM

A Bulgarian National rough sleeper has won a high court judgement against deportation by the Home Office .
At the moment the Home Office has tried to deport rough sleepers but it appears this is against EU rules .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A Bulgarian National rough sleeper has won a high court judgement against deportation by the Home Office .
At the moment the Home Office has tried to deport rough sleepers but it appears this is against EU rules .
Did I read it was something to do with a High Court ruling or something like that (short of me Googling it)?

Edited:

Found this..

'A Home Office policy to deport rough sleepers from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) has been ruled unlawful by the high court after a challenge brought on behalf of two Polish men and a Latvian'.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top