Join for free
Page 23 of 60 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 01:04 AM

Re: A Christmas Story

Right. That's you sorted then.

You're not planning to do a bunk once we're asleep are you?

I think that's everyone settled down for the night then, let's just hope nothing goes bump in the night.

Ssshh, what was that . . . .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
They are. I hope Longlegs didn't ladder them.
He had better not have done - they cost £20 a pair!
Retribution will follow!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:06 AM

I think Judd's hammock just nudged the brake, Mups, this train is definitely moving - ALL ABOARD - QUICKLY !!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I think Judd's hammock just nudged the brake, Mups, this train is definitely moving - ALL ABOARD - QUICKLY !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFJ3KayeUTc

EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:33 AM

This train is going nowhere! Snow on the line again. It was leaves last month.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:50 AM

The driver decided to sleep on a hay bale in the stable, and isn't back yet.
I was having a nice kip in the cab but when I woke up I found a squatter there in a hammock. The four corners were tied off to the throttle, the handbrake, the air brake, and the reversing gear. They must have stoked the firebox at some point because we have a full head of steam, then turned over in the night and nudged all the levers.

WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS!!!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:37 AM

Mups left her collection of builders behind, they are in hot pursuit.

Nomcam.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Mups left her collection of builders behind, they are in hot pursuit.

Nomcam.

Let's hope that train has the same track gauge.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Tis a lie!

He who steals my purse steals trash, it is something, nothing, 'twas mine, 'tis his and has been slave to thousands. But he who filches from me my good name robs me of that which enriches him not but makes me poor indeed.

It was obviously someone who was envious of my cosy nest with its roaring fire and comfy bed. I notice that my jacket potato and roast chestnuts have disappeared from the dying embers of the fire so be on the lookout for some crumbs of spud spilled down the front of her.... er their shirt.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
The driver decided to sleep on a hay bale in the stable, and isn't back yet.
I was having a nice kip in the cab but when I woke up I found a squatter there in a hammock. The four corners were tied off to the throttle, the handbrake, the air brake, and the reversing gear. They must have stoked the firebox at some point because we have a full head of steam, then turned over in the night and nudged all the levers.

WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS!!!!!
Re: My last post.

If this isn't an admission of guilt, I don't know what is. My hammock doesn't have four corners, just two hanging straps, one at either end, it wouldn't swing otherwise. And it was tied between the two poles by the sides of both doors that the engineers use to steady themselves.

SO sir, where are my spuds? - scoffed for your breakfast I'll wager. Can't blame you for that, the cuisine on this train is vile.

Page 23 of 60 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top